Dumaguete Info Search

marriage revisited

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by xhippie, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    i asked a couple of monthes ago about procedures for geting married...i have since done the required hoop jumping .as an american its fairly easy...one trip to cebu for the required certificate..one trip to the town where you arer getting married to apply for license...one trip back to the town for the required seminar...side note it can be boring but try to look alert and interested....then the ten day waiting...that is ten business days...then set the appt with the judge or mayor and pay the 150 pesos and they give yoiu a mariage and the completed license...of course it pays to have all the required paper work...divorce papers,passport,etc...aqnd the spouse wil have to spend a couple of hours getting certified copies of their papers...to make a long story short..i applied and got the slip from cebu on the first of oct...and was legally married on the eighteenth of oct...so with the proper preperation it can be done in 18 days...thank you all for the advice and thoughts...now comes the big hoop jumping with various gov offices for a spousal visa...any help would be appreciated ... thank you all in advance

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    XHippie, congratulations with your marriage and successful and rapid process! I am also going through the visa process for tourist US visa, but first we are waiting for wife to receive her Philippines passport, which is a requirement. You may know, if you are a US citizen, that you can go online at the Manila US embassy website and use the online process and take it from there. An alternative is Shadow, a veteran Forum member, provides visa services and can offer advice and enlighten you to the difficulties in obtaining a visa, if you are U.S. Good luck.

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    The process to get my wifes visa took almost two full years but that was twelve years ago. The fact that she was an OFW and already had a passport was also a help. What you need to do is prepare for the fact that several trips to Manila may be necessary for her. My wife was also lucky in that she had a few relatives in Manila that she was able to stay with while she was going through the process. Being organized and prepaired is the key and filing the papers on your end in a timely fashion. If you cannot be there with her for the process, getting her some knowledgable assistance is highly advised.

4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Congratulations xhippie, hope all goes well with the visa...regards JB

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    2nd That!

:wink: I second that, Seems DI has helped make some moves to get the procedures down to a fine Art!

Jack P. :smile:

6. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I went thru all that in the Fall of 2001. It just takes time. She's been a US citizen since 2006 - no more red tape!

7. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yes, I went through all of the same proceedures for my marriage. The only difference is that I decided to stay here and not go back to the US.
    However, I may have to go back to Singapore as a consulant again. If so, my wife wants to go with me (a 5 day round-trip). But we are just getting her a tourist visa.

8. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And.....Xhippie....all the best for many years to come.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ron8719, if your wife is a Philippines or US citizen with a passport, you do not need a visa to go to Singapore or other ASEAN countries, as I understand it.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Hi Xhippie. As others have mentioned my wife and I do US visa processing. We usually answer most basic pertinent questions on the forum, or if we can be of further assistance or you would like a free consultation you can call/txt 0928-312-2177.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.