Dumaguete Info Search

marriage

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by xhippie, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    Hello...i am here in dumaguete to be with and marry my sweetie...i am not sure on all the regulations and hoops to jump through...if any and all could help and advise..i would certainly appreciate any and all advice...thank you in advance....xhippie

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    mmm So many!

:smile: Well xhippie, Welcome to DI, There are are so many things for you to do and I guess time is of the essence, if you scroll through the last months General Chat Threads you will come across a lot of what you want to know, look out for posts from PatO, Myself and Well there are loads, But the best way for quickness is just Punch up on Google MARRIAGE Requirements, Philippines. PatO got married only this Thursday so he is the last one who will have the absolute up to date information, mind you he may not want disturbing but what the heck try him anyway. Nice guy and I am sure he will be only to pleased to help a new friend realise his dream as he has just done!

Best of luck and keep posting:wink:

Jack P.:smile::smile:

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Well I thought Ex-hippie's didn't get married :D
    But it depends on whether or not you want the marriage to be recognized in the US. Here in the UK they require you to give the Embassy 55 days notice of your pending marriage.
    Sure others will advise further. Good Luck for the future and best wishes to you both....JB

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Embassy!

:wink: Actually John it is 21 days but I will not split hairs with you cos it is Saturday:D

Jack P.:smile:

5. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Is that in the UK......or in PI, in Manila (Embassy)they wanted 55 days residency :wink:
    hmmmm my memory is improving :wink:

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Embassy!

7. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    21 day passort entry is just not enough time to marry. probably done to save the Young girls and on this I totally agree. Hope We are together now on this my friend:smile:

Jack P.:p[/QUOTE]
    Agreed....by the way
    My Dad once quoted to me...
    "Fool's rush in where Angel's fear to tread" :o he was right :o
    Thank God, I now have a lovely God Loving wife :wink:

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Oh yes!

:smile: On this John, I am 100% with you, lovely Wife, Nice honest family, life is good at long last.:wink:

Jack P.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Hi mate, welcome to Dumaguete and the forum. Never mind the POMs, they can't help themselves but to hijack a thread with stuff that would not pertain to an ex hippie! :wink: (No offense intended, guys!)

Recently there was a very good thread about the marriage process here, go here;

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/expat-section/marriage-license-process-6826.html

If you have other questions, I'm sure someone here will find an answer of some sort.

Larry

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Xhip, as Jack P stated, I just got married last Thursday. I suggest you read my thread on this subject on this forum, the US embassy Manila website on getting married in the Philippines, and the Philippines government website on the subject. The process is rigorous and extensive and will try your patience, you have to pursue with vigor, patience, and perseverance. Tons of paperwork. One key is you will have to go to the American embassy in Manila or consulate in Cebu to obtain an Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage. You will need lots of documents as will your fiance. I have a permanent visa so time wasn't on the critical path (good thing). There are experts on this forum that can discuss visa extensions. One more thing, it is a complete new and timely process to try and bring her to the U.S. After you read the suggested websites, if you would like to me I can meet you for a coffee or beer and perhaps offer further insight. My email is pmindoro@yahoo.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.