Dumaguete Info Search

Married Expats

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by pfotoguy, Jul 16, 2013.

1. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I guess I should preference that by saying married to a Filipina. My GF is bugging me to get married.
    Ive stated before Ive been married 3 times, there wont be a fourth.

My question is this. Whats the benefit to being married? Pros and Cons for him and her?

For her she says its "security" dont understand whats so secure about it.

For me I see nothing other than maybe getting a different type of Visa.

Let me know your thoughts

2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    This is what i can share now after getting drunk with instant coffee:p

1.)If she's single and you been a couple/partner living together in the same roof for 2-4 years and still hot with each other then Go ahead!

) Age and looks doesn't matter but Money talks! As long as you can provide her Needs then i guess No problem.

3.) Filipinas from rural areas or small towns and never been to Manila are low maintenance and most of them are Good wives, they pay you in return-Love and Care. Sex you have to teach them!

)If she's from a family oriented or religious and want her dignity then MARRY HER! (i'm not sure)

)Have a child with her first then, you will see if she deserves to be your wife. If she's stays and mothering the child then you can Marry her.

I've seen/met a lot of Lucky expats married to a filipina. And met few Screwed by filipina.
    Btw, i'll share more thoughts once i'm sober..:cool:

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I cannot pretend to agree with that one. Spitting out a baby first thing in a relationship is probably one of the worst things one could do for that relationship. Here you have two people from different cultures trying to adapt to each other, which is hard enough already, and you say throw a baby into the mix too?

Just my opinion, some people make it work that way, just not what I would recommend.

Larry

4. Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If you feel comfortable with her, then marry the girl, if it dosen't, then DON'T....

You have been married 3 times already then you should know the pros and cons......... :smile:

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    If you have to ask those questions, better pass!

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    When I see "security" I think it means "trap you into supporting her". If you MUST get married I say make a short flight to Malaysia or Hong Kong and do it. That way you can at least get a divorce should the need arise.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The foreigner can get a divorce no matter where the marriage takes place.

Larry

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes, but it's much faster, and likely cheaper, if you only have to fly to Malaysia or Hong Kong to get it done. None of that silly "wait 1 year" stuff either.

9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    1 year hemmm here to get an annulment? is 3 years plus and that's if the judge you get is for annulments, and around p100k to 150k

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And that's if both parties are willing to do the annulment. Just don't get married here unless you are towards the end of your life. Go overseas to do it.