Dumaguete Info Search

Bacong mass poisoning of stray or lost dogs in Bacong?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Glendazumba, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    The recent news that there was mass poisoning of stray dogs and perhaps lost dogs in Bacong just days ago is deplorable. Why?
    An investigation is now ongoing as to perpetrator of this crime so they could face charges for their horrible act which violates R.A. 8485

I hope the people of Bacong will help our animal rights supporters find the criminals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I suspect there is a reason someone felt the need to resort to such methods. Perhaps someone's family member died or was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident due to all the mutts running around.

Maybe if the government would actually take care of the stray dog problem or the local population would be responsible dog owners this type of thing wouldn't even need to happen.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    This is a deplorable and selfish crime. Many of the dogs (maybe most) are not really “stray”, they belong to owners, are fed regularly, have the required rabies vaccinations and roam but come back to their homes everyday. Even if they were strays with no real owner, poisoning is very painful to them. I doubt the perpetrators will be caught but one can always hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have seen how a poisoned dog suffer before it dies, I guess most people will agree it's the wrong way to fix the problem with all the stray dogs. It's a crime to poison dogs in the Philippines and there is an investigation going on in Bacong to find the guilty. I lived in Panglao before here was it officials from the barangay who poisoned the dogs. Are stray dogs just the norm or part of the culture in the Philippines? I believe so, most of us are affected by these dogs, when I try to talk to people with dogs who live in a chain 24 hours a day, hauling and barking, it seems to me these people can't see the problem and I'm the one who is the problem lol. Honest, I don't believe this problem will be solved in the near future, like throwing garbage everywhere and other things which seems obvious wrong in western culture. I see a part of the young generation in the Philippines start focusing on taking care of nature and animals, maybe hope for the future. We human beings take it as granted that we are the ones who decided who is allowed to live on this earth, maybe worth to think about

Liverpool fan
    This message by Liverpool fan has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where abouts in Bacong?

6. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    My experience with stray dogs on the streets. I hit a stray crashed my motor. Was knocked out when I hit the cement road surface. The scratch on my left ankle got infected. The fight to save my left leg as to the infection lasted more than 3 months and cost more than ₱250,000.oo. I never fully recovered from that. Doctor wanted to amputate my leg at the knee. I had an I.V. in my right hand for a week used to inject powerful antibiotics. This fight to save my leg lasted three months.
    One of Maria's cousins was killed after hitting a stray and crashing his motor. His wife (back rider) was in the hospital 45 days.
    We have 4 dogs and they WILL NOT leave our yard even if we leave the gate open all night. The stray dog problem is NOT a dog problem it is a human problem. The Philippines has a leash law!?? If by chance you hit a dog and the owner wants you to pay. Just get the PNP and demand that they enforce the law. First offense is a ₱1,500 fine. Nobody owned the dog I hit even though it appeared to be well taken care of. My mistake was that I tried to stop before hitting that dog. The next time it will be hang on and throttle up.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    My wife and I + 1 (agent) went to look at a lot out of town and when we got out of the car and were standing on the public road looking at the lot 3 dogs came running from the adjacent property barking at us and being very aggressive.
    The owners if there were any were nowhere to be seen so as these dogs seemed to be on the verge of biting we cut the viewing short and made off.
    What do we do for future viewings ? carry a big stick or some other kind of weapon ?
    I don't condone poisoning dogs but there is definitely a problem here that needs dealt with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Why!? Because the release of poison into the environment can be deadly for all animals in it regardless of the targeted species. That also includes humans!

R.A. 8485, dated Feb. 11 19987 has been amended by R.A. 10631 dated Oct. 03, 2013.
    I read both and only see where it might pertain to letting your dog run stray. That would indicate, to me, that you are neglecting your dog. Which is a violation of this law.

I believe the real criminals here are the dog owners that abandon their pets!

My two centavos.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You need a big bike if it's a Great Dane :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    It is a SS250 and so heavy I can hardly pick it back up if I lay it down. :sorry::wtf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.