Dumaguete Info Search

McDonalds coming

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by vette77, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have mixed fellings of the Micky Ds coming to the beautiful city.
    Yes it is good for foreigner to see a familiar food chain, However they should also try and appreciate the great qusine of the Philippines.
    I dont want to see the greed of american business companies slowly infiltrate the Philippines and change the culture there. to become like the greedy driven companies that are in the usa. It would be such a shame to see the companies move in and slowley change the people and the business.
    I was there for 5 weeks and did not miss the fast food junk that is served here. I had the plesure of being introduced to a lot of difrent kinds of food that I had never had, This is just my opinion

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Mc Do

I share your feelings , and was one of the (growing?) voters that said NO !! to MC DO.
    Beside that there is no single Nutricious value to be found in it , although the claim is it so healthy MC DO is one of thoses companies that is , beside the people themself ofcourse ! , liable for the downwards spiral of the health of kids in the USA and other places..

3. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What is so special about the junck food of Mc Do

greetings J.Diver

4. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe because McDo is from the US.

5. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It is proven to contain to much fats and to high in cholesterol amongst others .

For Wak-Wak What you claim is a non -issue !!

6. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Huh? :confused:

Diver asked what is so special. I said it might be because it is from the US. Tell a Filipina something is from the US and they are generally more apt to like it. At least in my experience. It's about perception. Not necessarily because it is better.

7. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    May I remind you that all healthy food and supplements like welness from Nestle and stuff from Unilever is coming from EUROPE ! Junkfood is typical USA as is carrying 10 or 20 iilo overweight as result of eating that and the typical USA type of diet. More then 60% of the USA children are over weighted !!. No wonder that all weightloss programs and fancy slimming equippment posted in commercials is also coming from there . Beside that Fillipina (o) love to buy European products .. and a lot is even called "Dutch "... Which meens coming from the Netherlands , and not mistaken from Germany as many believe. Nestle makes 14.7 % of its world market sales here in the Phils . Unilever from Netherlands 16.8 % so even more !! Filippino are very much aware of what is healthy and what is not !

8. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dont Nestle Make Chocolate Bars And Breakfast Foods And Drinks That Are Full Of Sugar ???......dont Blame Everything On Americans,you Can Eat What Ever Food You Like As It Is Your Choice Just Like Deciding Who You Want To Be Your Friends.

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I do agree on that as well. But what is wrong with the breakfast cerials of Nestle ? Howmany mothers here DO NOT !! use any kind of infant milk from Nestle ?? It is the world biggest and most advance technology company in the world when it comes to this!! And yes , just becoz you might want to know . I know the president of that specific divison ( mr. Heiko Shipper) personaly .And did I blame the Americans ?? I do believe that I wrote that the Americans are the victoms of the junkfood industry. Beside that Junkfood is a typical American invention ,right ? Please don,t try to tell me it is originated in the Philippines or Europe. I rather believe that the topic is all about AWARENESS then pointing fingers and triggers...

10. OP
    OP
    vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you earlmj, most american kids are over weight because of the lack of disipline from parents who let there kids sit in front of video games all day and george themselves with what ever junk food they want to eat.instead of getting out side and playing and getting exercise, and the first thing is blame the food industry for the kids being over weight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.