Dumaguete Info Search

Mechanic work in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Cletus, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    My car started leaking water and I finally had to take it to have it repaired. I found the approximate location of the leak, it appeared to be the water pump.

I took it to Dumaguete Auto Parts, near Citi Hardware, they have a mechanic in the back. They looked at it and thought it was probably the rubber seal around the water pump. They said it would take about an hour. After they pulled off the water pump they found it had broken and needed to be replaced.There was no replacement available, which is understandable. Incredibly they were able to repair the water pump to functioning quite well. It took four hours as they had to make the pieces that were broken.

Bottom Line: These guys did a fantastic job, I was very pleased with their workmanship and talent. The labor and making the parts: 400 pesos.

I also bought a quart of anti freeze. just the day before I was with another person that bought a quart of anti freeze at a gas station, cost: 440 pesos. Price Dumaguete Auto Parts charged, 120 pesos for same amount of anti freeze.

I will definitely use them again.

Your mileage may vary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Was your car a multicab by any chance? Just wondering as I was thinking of buying an older multicab type pickup and if I do I want to know a reliable mechanic to keep it running for me If the guys you mention can do that I will keep them in mind.

3. OP
    OP
    Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Dave,

It is a SUV but they work on all kinds of vehicles including multicab as there were a couple there getting brake jobs done. There was also a very large dump truck, a police pickup truck. There are eight guys that were working in the "shop". There are at least nine large industrial machine shop tools that they were using. Drill presses, Metal lathes etc. The guy that is over the shop is Stiltio, probably spelled wrong. They were making hydraulic hoses, they had a rack with engines of all shapes and sizes along with transmissions. One guy was rebuilding a starter, probably off a pickup truck or SUV, just guessing as it was about the right size.

You have to go to the desk where they sell parts first and they will tell you where to go. Very nice people, of course it helps if you are nice to them also.

I wouldn't hestitate to take anything to them.

• Like Like x 2