Dumaguete Info Search

Medial grade **********

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Mr. Reddit, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 2
    Does anyone have information as to whether medical grade ********** is available in the PH? All that is available so far is veterinarian grade. As much as the media tries to censor the efficacy of this medicine, still there is much information available on the internet if you do NOT use Google as a search engine which is extremely biased. Use DuckDuckGo as an alternative search engine for more honest results.

2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There some private sellers here for medical grade ********** but suspect quality I heard and a friend of a friend orders overseas but BoC won't release the package from the docks I heard.

I believe you can get it from Mercury Drug with a doctors prescription as it is used as a anti-parasitic.

A friend said IndiaMart sell it online for delivery here but there are some bad reports online about IndiaMart suppliers....and then there is the problem that customs might have orders to stop it.

In summary very hard to find the medical grade here.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I would have serious concerns about using this drug in treating Covid-19 if only because "********** has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures. However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans." (https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/**********/)

Although I have not chosen this drug as the best of all possibilities (because I don't know all the possibilities), I would be thinking more about dexamathasone. Various sources state is it ALREADY "used to treat rheumatic problems, a number of skin diseases, severe allergies, asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, croup, brain swelling, eye pain following eye surgery, and along with antibiotics in tuberculosis."

"Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid used in a wide range of conditions for its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant effects.

It was tested in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in the United Kingdom’s national clinical trial RECOVERY and was found to have benefits for critically ill patients.

According to preliminary findings shared with WHO (and now available as a preprint), for patients on ventilators, the treatment was shown to reduce mortality by about one third, and for patients requiring only oxygen, mortality was cut by about one fifth."
    (https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-dexamethasone)

• Informative Informative x 2