Dumaguete Info Search

Message to Why Not

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Rye83, May 15, 2013.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Please, pretty, pretty, pretty please fire your Wednesday night band. I have heard better singing from deaf/mute karaoke singers. Also, stop charging double price for rum and coke on Wednesday. (hint for customers, it's 100 for a double rum coke on Wednesday at why not but only 55 if you order from the bar in the back.)

Just so you know:
    One shot rum coke = 60php
    Double shot rum coke =55php
    Triple shot rum coke = 50php.

Go figure.

2. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That's because Coke cost more than cheap Tanduay.....Wish that was the same way over here with Bacardi....... BTW, is the band You're talking about called Freestyle? Because if it is, it's the same band that's been there Every Wednesday Night since probably 2003...... My Favorite band over there was called Ground Zero, but from what I understand They have broken up. The lead Singer { Female } had an excellent voice, kinda sounded like a mixture between Melissa Ethridge and Janis Joplin, and sounded even better the More and More Red Horse She Drank.. Sure would like to know what band She's with now if She's still singing because I wouldn't mind catching up with Them when I'm there next Month....Cheers

3. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I agree, that band sucks! Earlier this year they had a half-decent band playing on Saturdays but it didn't last long.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, that girl had an awesome voice. I heard them play at Hayahay. They played great music too.

None of the slow (and out of tune with a synthesizer that you buy for a infant or put on a cheap karaoke machine) love song crap they play at why not. Do they at not know people at a disco want to dance? They're music makes me want to slit my wrists......and to top it off you pay double for your rum coke. Wednesday night is a depressing night there. I have refused to pay the entrance fee for 2 years now. Maybe if the 3 girls performed naked it would be worth the entrance fee.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They had a rock night a while back. Band was half way decent. Reggae night has a cookie cutter band but is better than those 3 girls and their awful voices. Wednesday band has been there forever. Must be cousins of the manager or pay why not to let them play.

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That band must be back together. Their playing at Hayahay tonight.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The band's name is still Ground Zero. They try to schedule them on Saturdays at Hayahay but depends on the band's schedule. Seems the best place to catch them as I have only seen them at Hayahay on Saturdays. Maybe they have a Facebook page with schedules.

8. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Last night, there was a band at Whynot, called Stereonites, I think. Once they got ramped up and got their Karaoke type songs out of the way, they were actually pretty good. They had a lot of people dancing. Unfortunately, when they finished, the DJ couldn't keep things going and most of the customers fled.

9. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
  10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You know as well as I do they won't take criticism well. I'll get the standard "if you don't like it stay home" reply......(which is exactly what I'm doing tonight.) Yeah, the band sucks, but I can handle that, charging me double for a drink for the "privilege" of listening to such crap is what gets me.

Sorry if she is a friend of yours, but they really are not a good band. I'm not the only one that holds this opinion.