Dumaguete Info Search

Mia's Restobar - Near Dumaguete Airport

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Rick&Sue, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Rick and I spent a wonderful evening at Mia's last night. This was (sadly) our first visit, but definitely not our last -- great food, prices and friendly service. Indoor and outdoor seating is available, as well as a pool that is open until 10pm (P50 fee). Outdoor lighting was beautiful and relaxing.

We sat poolside and enjoyed their extensive menu of cocktails, appetizers and entrees (I can highly recommend the appetizer basket of fries, shrimp and chicken meatballs; main course of deluxe burger and seafood crepe). Even the server commented on how much "foreigners like our menu."

We moved inside for coffee (there is a pool table and some comfortable couches for seating), and Rick offered the guard outside P20 to flag down a trike for our return home. The guard was happy to do so, and when he told us the trike was there, we stepped outside for door-to-door service home (P20 for two people back to Daro).

I am already anticipating negative replies to this post (as is the norm), but for anyone looking for a comfortable night out with good food and service, I highly recommend Mia's.

Please take it for what it's worth --

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army

Painter & decorator
    Ratings:
    +906 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds really nice Sue, I will give it a try next time I'm in the Phils. :smile:

still stuck in the UK unfortunately.

3. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    It was terrific - I honestly think you would not be disappointed...let us know when you're here next, ok?

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army

Painter & decorator
    Ratings:
    +906 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Will do Sue, not sure at the moment, Eve can't get time off work.

5. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I understand! I have sent you two a PM....

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    I couldn't agree more. Lucky I live very close. In fact I was sitting outside when I saw you walk in. I have never had anything short of a great meal there.
    I had the baby back ribs the other night with a friend, not to blow my own horn he said it was better than Tony Roma's! Huge lean ribs with home made BBQ sauce for P220.
    I hesitate to say too much or maby I won't be able to find a seat :D

Ron
    BTW Beer is always cold and they open 4PM everyday.

7. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, Last time I checked Mia's was still up for sale on islandsProperties website. By the way, will they allow My 3 and 5 Year old Daughters to swim there?

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    The owner's are my friend, yes I'm sure your Daughters can swim. Not sure if it's for sale now. Hope to meet you there one day.
    Ron

9. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Yes, the "cold-beer factor" is key :D, and the beers were definitely COLD! I'm so glad to read that other people here are Mia's fans. You are lucky to live nearby, Ron - although that would be dangerous for us, as we'd be there all the time, LOL... (That's funny that you saw us -- what gave us away, the fact that we're probably the only white couple in Dumaguete?? :p)

BTW: I would nominate Mia's for a DI get-together site.

10. DAGNY

DAGNY DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Sue, glad that you finally discovered Mia's. I've only been trying to get you to come there with me for a year !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.