Dumaguete Info Search

MIA's

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Relayer, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to MIA's the other day and I have to say that the people there are some of the nicest and inclusive folks I have EVER met. I go there very seldom so I am unknown but d*mn, they took me in and treated me like family.

If you are new here or are looking for expat friends, thats the place to go. Beau, the owner is very nice and ibelieve that rubs off on all the people there. I met some great guys. Even ex Air Force officers who accepted this enlisted guy with a beer.. or 4!! Now I know why I go there seldom as I don't drink so much! lol

GREAT BUNCH ALL AT MIA's!!!

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hey layer, Joking!!! It was good to see you there, lucky I was there then.
    Ron

3. OP
    OP
    Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    See you in a month... after I recover!!!

4. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is MIA's?

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Next to the airport. Going North turn right beside the runway, the road turns left then right and you will see their sign. Hope you enjoy, Cheers.
    Ron

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Sorry typo, the road turns right after the airport, then left and you will see the sign.

7. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Had a few cold ones in Mia's a couple of days ago, late afternoon, first time in there. Liked the Menu, was the only one in there but the staff were great, very attentive. Tried some little Potato Thingies, forget what they were called, P40 each, verrrry nice.

Judging by the names up on the mirror in front of you as you walk in, it is very popular, the girls there said it got real busy after 11pm.

Did not get to meet the owner/s was told that he was British Canadian.

It is a little out of the way, but well worth the extra few minutes drive.

8. OP
    OP
    Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its kinda like Cheers without a Dianne but plenty of Norms and Cliffs... lol YES, LOTS of Clavens!!!

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    HHHmmm. Decided I ought to check it out so went there yesterday (Wednesday) at 4 pm. Felt a bit isolated as I was the only one there with one member of staff, who was extremely pleasant. Cue try-again-later. Went back at about 8.30 pm. Didn't seem quite so lonely, as I was still the only one there, but with three members of staff. So I went to town. As a former landlord of traditional British pubs, I know we all have our quiet trading days, and you can't stand outside throwing customers in. So I'll give it another crack soon, probably over a weekend.

Roger

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Quick safety tip. If you're going there after dark on a bike, make sure you have a good front light. The road is an accident waiting to happen. Trying to avoid the potholes is like walking through a minefield with your fingers in your ears. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.