Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor mig welding?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    or some kinda welder to make three 1'' long welds in non-ferrous metal of some kind.

UPLift Health
    i dropped my internet antenna and broke it in 3 places; 2 assembly tabs and one break in the perimeter frame. the metal looks like aluminum but it's too brittle to be aluminum.

can anyone save me a treasure hunt and recommend a shop on the south hiway (zambo to duma) or duma? maybe the shop by the airport?

thanks guys...

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Chuy-Chuy Hardware on the way to Zamboanguita on the right hand side sold us 2x Pipes around 2" or 2.5" in diameter and I think around 5 or 6 meters long for 1800 pesos and welded spikes onto the bottom (to hold it in the ground) and c shape brackets at the top (for the Porcelain insulators) for 200 pesos for the 2x poles.

If they cannot weld what you have, then maybe the welding shop (on the left) opposite Alvin's Internet Cafe (on the right) heading towards Zamboanguita may be able to help you out.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You will be lucky to find a quality stick welder. Maybe a TIG welder. A certified/qualified MIG welder has likely taken himself and his skills to another country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I did see a welding/ metal shop in Dumaguete and had planned on going back to get their contact details but forgot all about it now I cannot remember where it was (Old-Fartitus!) But looked to be very professional with what I saw riding past in the Tricycle, they constructed equipment and items for the building industry by the looks, saw a lot of galvanised sheet metal and items in various stages of construction and had professional looking signs advertising their skills.

Always pay to avoid a signed place that looks like their pet ungoy wrote the sign just before it passed out from a tuba induced coma! :tongue: hehe

5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    There is a shop called V-roy which does a decent job welding potted or die-cast metals. The also do some machine shop works.
    I don't know the name of the street but since many streets don't have signs.......blah, blah.

Follow the Boulevard heading south to the bitter end.
    Cross over the bridge at the Banica river and proceed to where the road turns right (about 200 meters).
    V-roy is on the right just before the right turn.
    They have a nice plywood sign with their name painted in red spray paint. Don't let the appearance fool you they are actually pretty good and affordable.

6. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    DUMAGUETE WELLMADE VENTURES has a 300amp TIG machine

located on the south side of curve between robinsons mall and hypermart
    www.wellmade-motors.com
    035 522 0324

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And they have someone that is certified to use it?

8. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I used WellMade several times. The LAST time I used them was to turn down a shaft from 1 inch, OD to 3/4 inch OD. When I paid for it they showed me that it was in fact 3/4 in,(on both ends) and I excepted it. When I was installing it I discovered that in the middle of this 26" long shaft it was under sized by 12 thousands. It was unusable for the job I was working on. It ended up in the junk pile. Went to Quick Way just north of the AirPort. They did my job right with their shaft and cost less than WellMade and my shaft. Have I been back to WellMade? Hell no. What did I learn from this 20,000 pesos lesson? Drive the extra kilometers to Quick Way.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163

10. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    YEP, this shop in the opposite of the airport ("Mindanao... .... .... ") is very qualified to fix problems with any kind of metal stuff!