Dumaguete Info Search

money changers in dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by canadadude, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadadude

canadadude DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    l'm just wondering if there is a good reliable money changer in town where one doesnt have to worry too much about scams and getting ripped off.

2. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi dude;
    Why not try the local banks !

3. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    you can't be ripped off if you know the current exchange rate of your money. better do some checking first. friendly advice! :smile:

Good day!

--archon_manofsteel

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The local banks give a bit a lower exchange rate, Optumin Money changer is very good too, I also NEVER got ripped of by the money-changers around BPI bank on the street, and they give me the best rates.
    cheers

Rhoody

5. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    yep, same experience here..:smile:

6. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    those guys round BPI bank are actually agents from Optimum also. good service. but it's better if you go at their office, it's beside Golden Roy's Lechon Manok. out on the streets, you never know who's watching you and "making plans" for you. :D

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Optimum has the best rates and is secure, some street traders are connected to them (at a higer rate!), some others are black marketeers laundering money, and may give counterfit Peso notes, unless you know, go to bank or Omtimum. If you have an account at Commercial bank on the Bvld, they will match Optimum traders rate.

Dumaguete is a money laundering center for the NPA, and other "organizations" it is why it is safe for foreigners, their resources are enjoyed greatly. even some banks are involved, surprised?

8. OP
    OP
    canadadude

canadadude DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for all the replies people. Perhaps l should clarify my scams comment. ln angeles where l spent 2 holidays u gotta really watch so u get proper amount. slight of hand is quicker than the eye. Obviously thats not too much of a worry around here. Thanks for the info.:smile:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Your AC expierience is quite common in many asian tourist-destinations, and I guess we are just lucky ones up to now here in Dumaguete. Anyway, I always thought people need a holiday when they leave AC... hehe.

cheers

Rhoody

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I used to patronize the street money changers before I got smart, if you don't count your money twice, it's your own fault if you get ripped. I would pull up on my cycle never get off or turn motor off. do the deal, watch him count, then count myself, then go away quickly to avoid being followed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.