Dumaguete Info Search

money transfer

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Silverman, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Silverman

Silverman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 1
    need to transfer money from Canada-has anyone used Transfast online bank to bank? seems the only bank in Canada an Philippines is HSBC but unless you have a 1ook in an account in Canada their fees are to high. really apreciate any advice about transferring money

2. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    After looking into many different options I have been simply writing myself a check drawn from my Canadian account and deposited in my bank account here.It takes almost 2 months to clear but there is only a flat $20 charge here no matter the amount of the check written.It arrives in Canadian dollars and you withdraw the money here and go to the money changer of your choice as the bank gives terrible exchange rates.It works fine as long as you do not need the funds in a hurry and plan for this in advance.

3. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Check out the remit services in Canada. An easy online search

4. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Our bank is US bank and we opened an acct at PS bank in Philippines. Write a check and deposit in PS bank, wait 5 weeks for check to clear. Convert to pesos at bank...they gave us pretty good exchange rate as it was ususally large sums, we were building a house.
    Smaller amounts we use XOOM, it takes about 3 days to clear.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    A check on a NY bank clears in 20 calendar days at BPI. It can hit the bank in as little as 3 days.