Dumaguete Info Search

Monthly cost of WIFI

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by robcameron321@gmail.com, Sep 18, 2014.

1. robcameron321@gmail.com

robcameron321@gmail.com DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I am not to savvy when it comes to tech. I am wondering what it will cost me to get decent WIFI at my apartment per month ? Also second more tech question. I have a hot spot I was using at home with Verizon. Is it possible to have that activated to work here with a local provider ? It is about the size of a blackberry cell phone maybe just a bit larger ? Any help appreciated

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Globe will cost you 999 pesos a month. As for your modem, it is unlikely that Verizon would unlock that for you. If they did it would be unlikely that globe or smart would let you put it on their network. Not saying it's impossible, although it's very likely that the frequency in the US is different than the Philippines (Verizon uses some odd freqs even compared to other US based cellular companies). It would be more hassle than what it is worth. Globe and smart offer the same devices and they are relatively cheap compared to all the hassle you would go through trying to bring what you have, that probably won't even work anyways.

3. OP
    OP
    robcameron321@gmail.com

robcameron321@gmail.com DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks man. You always come thru. Thanks again