Dumaguete Info Search

More "gentle people"?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    After holding four at gunpoint: Norwegian killed by his 'hostage' | The Freeman >> The Freeman Sections >> Cebu News

CEBU, Philippines - A Norwegian national was stabbed dead early morning yesterday by one of four people he allegedly held hostage at his residence in Grant Ville Subdivision, barangay Jugan, Consolacion.

The fatality was identified as 51-year-old Nils Aksnes Frodei Stein. He was declared dead at the Eversly Child Sanitarium Hospital by attending physician Jule Cortes.

He had injuries on his head as well as stab wounds on his back.

SPO3 Benjamin Ayuman, deputy chief of the Consolacion police said that three of the four alleged hostages are now being held as suspects in the case.

They are a 16-year-old girl, Nisil Mate Ceriales, 35, and Cherryl Mate Nocete, 38. All of them are from Dumaguete City.

The fourth alleged hostage was Nocete’s 12-year-old daughter, who was reportedly put inside the closet by the Norwegian.

The police said that Nocete and her daughter arrived in Consolacion last Saturday on the invitation of the Norwegian, who wanted her to become his house help and his daughter to be the playmate of the expatriate’s nine-year-old daughter.

Ceriales and Stein are reportedly old friends and met the 16-year-old and Nocete when they were in Dumaguete three weeks ago.

The police said that the foreigner reportedly had a misunderstanding with his wife as alleged by the suspects. This has also been tagged as the reason why he kept on drinking since Sunday morning.

The allegedly drunk Stein reportedly pointed a gun at Nocete and ordered her to undress with a threat that she would be killed if she would not do so.

After this, she was allegedly hogtied and gagged using a masking tape and was also stuffed into the closet by the Norwegian.

The 16-year-old was also reportedly ordered by Stein at gunpoint to undress.

When Ceriales arrived at the apartment Saturday evening, the Norwegian national also pointed a gun at him and later hogtied him.

Ceriales said he discovered later that Nocete and her daughter were taken hostage by the Norwegian.

At around 4:30 a.m. yesterday, with the help of Ceriales, Nocete and the 16-year-old were able to free themselves.

When the Norwegian found out that they were able to free themselves, he pointed his gun at Nocete, who tried to grab the gun with the help of Ceriales. The 16-year-old alleged that she hit the foreigner on the head with softdrink bottle then grabbed a knife and stabbed Stein several times.

The minor said that after stabbing the Norwegian, she took his firearm and fired twice to alert to neighbors about their plight.

Responding policemen recovered a .38 caliber revolver with two empty shells and two kitchen knives.

The suspects are now detained at the Consolacion police awaiting the filling of formal charges against them while investigators will check if their claim of self defense is true.

Larry

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
  3. bobiecayao

bobiecayao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i knew this 16 years old girl, i used to play with her a billiard, but i cant believe that she can do it ..well, its matter about life and death situation. . she defend herself, i think she did the right think or else she and her company got killed . .

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
  5. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That's horrible. I hope the truth will surface and the right people will be punished. It's sickening to hear stories like this as we all want to have a peaceful community where everybody is treated well. I hope this never happens again.

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    The wife has filed a case Murder lets see what happens The cops are also in the sh*t for contaminating the evidence I'm not surprised!

7. sillimanian

sillimanian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This Norwegian may not have been Mr. Clean, but I smell a rat somewhere. And unless you're a spry teenager yourself, why would a 16-year old girl be playing billiard with grown men? Jailbait, anyone?

8. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Now let's think about this for a second. I don't think she did it either, and I don't know her at all.

BUT, if someone else in the house had done it, which seems more likely, if they convinced her to admit to it, even if charges were filed against her she would not be in trouble, because she is a minor!

Now, let's think about her picking up the gun after she stabs him to death and firing it twice, "to signal the neighbors".

Right!

Yup, something stinks.

Larry

9. bobiecayao

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    they owned billiard somewhere in buñao, well i agree, an 18 year old guy like me is a full grown men already, i do believe? back to situation . ..we didnt knw if they are telling the truth, about the whole story of situation. according to the news? the hostage happened because this norwegian wanted her wife to cme home?so that he can kill her? . .hmmmm . . .

10. bobiecayao

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yah . .right! but this girl is under custody of ( i dont know what it is) Gabriela somthing? . .why is it she fired the gun?instead of running outside. . i cant believe iether the 16 years old girl, can fire 38 calliber? maybe because of nervousness . .her adrenalin rush worked. . i named this girl, we call her LOVE2x and she is studying at NOHS. . .if the case filed against her, and she found guilty, she might be unprison . .while she is under age,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.