Dumaguete Info Search

Mosquitos

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by muddyfeet, Jan 23, 2011.

1. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My asawa and I have been considering where we want to live/build in Duma area. Valencia and Sibulan are high on our list. However she is concerned with mosquitos in the Valencia area because of the perception that it rains more there. I know many of you live in Valencia, what is your experience with mosquitos and what measures do you take to prevent being eaten alive?

Dean

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Dean,
    Since you mentioned Sibulan, I live in Agan-An near lot's of rice fields and surprising the mosquito population is very low. All my windows are screened and I don't have screen doors. We usually close the doors after dark anyway.
    Ron

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

We live in Valencia and don't have a big mosquito problem. You can look, but I don't think you will find many cases of dengue reported in Valencia.

Larry

4. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    We had a lot of Mosquito's around the pool table at times, so I bought a Daimaru electric zapper at True Value hardware in Cebu. It was a good investment. :smile:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Prevention!

:wink:Pkr! you would be suprised the amount of people, that do not understand the meaning of, "Prevention is better than the Cure" Spot on, I hope others will read and follow your exaple.:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I believe the mosquito army has their headquarters in my part of Bacong.

7. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Rain is NOT

what mosquitos need to reproduce. It is still/stagnate water. Valencia is on the up side of the mountain, there for the rainwater runs down to Dumaguete/Bacong where the mosquitos are. What I did was to plug all the holes and make sure all the screens were in good repair. I also use chemical warfare, ie; spray mosquito killer.

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thank God they don't like my white meat. I was only bitten 3 times in one year, my wife and her side of the family is a different story. I call them my mosquito bait! :D

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Calafornia here I come!

:eek:jeeeeze! Then KDF The d*mn Criters here are getting it wrong then, they are still eating the White Meat. :(:p

Jack P.