Dumaguete Info Search

Motor bike Warehouse

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by warehouse, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warehouse

warehouse One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, Friends

I am new on this forum site. I like the bikes, discussion on bikes & knows about latest bike. Please guide me the way of forum discussion.

Thanks

Warehouse

2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 264
    Welcome; Warehouse. It seems the welcome wagon missed you. Sorry to say my motorcycle days were 30 years ago. I do have some interest in motorscooters. I'm willing to talk to you. If we post often enough, someone who really knows something about bikes will chime in; even if it's only to correct me. To start the ball rolling; In the US Honda scooters are expensive. In posts from the Philipines, I've heard Honda scooters called worse than junk. I wonder why ? Robert

3. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

I dont know the first things about bikes but thought i would say hi and welcome anyway. :cool:

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,088 / 1,054
    Scooters!

:confused: Robert, You talk about scooters, Do you mean Scooters! the term is used in the motorbike world as Sit on Not straddle as a conventional Motor Bike, and has a maximum wheel size of 16 inches ( Sorry I am British) I ride a Scooter so maybe we can exchange views and thoughts. I ride a SYM GTS300i. Powerful, Stylish safe and up to date braking BUT as usual with small wheeled bikes, a little unstable in the wet. Honda have only produced one good scooter, mine is Taiwan designed and powered by Honda on a Fully Automatic 3 phase Variator. Basis for more conversation? Of course the only true Scooters are the Italian versions of two wheel transport. VESPA , LAMBRETTA, or the worlds worst the BELLA.
    The Japanese have made a lot of inroads with the SUZUKI Burgman ( 150 to 650 cc) YAMAHA in the 50 TO 200CC range. The only HONDA of any mention is the Silver wing 500cc but here you are talking BIG money. ( I hope this will turn out to be a good Thread without any stupid comments folks.)

Good Posting Robert, I will read with interest. :smile:

Jack P.:wink:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,088 / 1,054
    OH OH oopS!

:( Warehouse! Sorry I entirely forgot to say a BIG welcome to DI.
    Have a Good time here with us band of Somewhat, Sometimes irritating but really NICE! people, he he he he :D

Jack P.:smile:

Somewhere along this thread I have mixed up where it started, Sorry, Robert and Warehouse, Please take it I am talking to both of you, The Heat and age are scrambling my Brains, well whats left of them. Hope all is clear Now!

6. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 264
    Hello Jack! Yes I was talking about sit on or what are sometimes called step through scooters. I prefer the the mid sized scooters like the sym hd200 or the honda sh150i over the large touring types. The honda sh150i model may not be available in the Philipines. I agree that honda goldwings and suzuki burgmans are expensive. I'm not an expert on vespa, never really been close enough to look at one, but I hear that vespa aren't considered true scooters in the US because they have to be shifted into gear. I'm told that vespa are grandfathered in as long as they retain the classic design. If they change it, they have to meet motorcycle rules. In the US scooter regulations vary, from where I am in Texas, they are considered motorcycles and require a mc licence, insurance, $200 safety course, helmet, registration and safety inspection. Other states have few or nearly no restrictions. Sorry it took me so long to post this. I keep being interrupted. Thank you for the welcome Jack! Robert K

7. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 264
    The honda links I've been trying for scooters in the Philipines have been down the last couple days. Most of the individual shops with sites seem to just want you to know they are there and that they do service. It's of no importance though, as I see there are brands I recognize, like kymco. The kymco peoples 150 would suit me pretty well although it's not water cooled or fuel injected, it's a quality product of Taiwan and a faithful copy of hondas from 20 years ago with common powertrain parts. Robert K

8. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 264
    Sorry, for hijacking your thread Warehouse. I will now tell what little I know of motorcycles. As a teenager my family had 3 motorcycles, honda ct 70, honda 305, and an early 1960's ducati 100 dirt bike. All 3 were great bikes for different reasons. The ct70 would climb hills like a goat, but would bog in sand due to the small wheels. The 305 was my fathers daily driver to and from work. My father rode it all over southern california till he was hit by a careless motorist and suffered a broken leg. The bike was totalled. The ducati was a gem. It would do anything I asked it to do. My brother broke his wrist and collar bone doing stunts with the ducati but it never broke. I don't know if ducati still makes bikes of that quality; probably not. Lastly, the bike I wanted but never got. In 1980 I really wanted a yamaha 440. It was small enough to be nimble, and had 40 horsepower with classic looks. I wish I had gotten 1. Sigh; opportunity lost. Robert K

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,088 / 1,054
    Insurance!

:wink: I was Going to say a little about Rider requirements but with the anti-feeling in some quarters I will only make it general, You are too right Robert, In Europe as a total now Even 50cc Scooters or the little zippy 9in wheeled things are considered Motorbikes Par-say! proper Licensing, proper Driver Exams theory and practical, Proper Insurance, Helmets and after 4 years a roadworthy test every 2 years. Unless you have vast amounts of land that you can Scramble around, I did enjoy your piece on your Bikes, Good reading Robert, thank you, The Fun seems to have gone out of Bike Riding to a degree. My Tourer only comes out when we have the time to take a leisurely day out, which is few and far between now, The other thing I was going to say is I wonder how the Locals would get on with the current Rules In Europe and I guess US, 2 persons to two wheels.
    Any way just to say Maybe warehouse, where ever has gone has surely Woken your memory up, good thing sometimes when we get a good thread.
    have a Good day.

Jack P. :smile:

10. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,211 / 264
    Too much government in our lives has become a daily thing. Many people in the US who ride scooters first rode a rental at a resort and liked it enough that they wanted to do it at home also. Overregulation of scooters probably doesn't hurt tourism that much, but in the economy of today, some people won't go with a $50 a day car rental at their destination or will have to cut their holiday short by days. At least I hope the revenue loss is small for the people who depend on tourism for their livelyhood. Robert K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.