Dumaguete Info Search

Motorcycle Dealers in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Mar 16, 2007.

1. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    After reading all the posts from eveyone in Dumaguete, and on the various Phil. websites, I think it would be much better to just buy a bike while we live there instead of trying to import my customs in. Plus, my large Indians, Harleys, and choppers might not fit in well with the other bikes, traffic, and road conditions. Considering what the import fees are, I could just probably buy a bike easier.

Does anyone have a suggestions for good motorcycle dealers in Dumaguete? Maybe a web address? I'm coming over in a couple of months and would like to stop by one of the shops.

I would like a large displacement crusier, Yamaha Road Star or Honda. I'm 6'4", so I can get parts for these bikes from my vendors to make the bike fit my size.

Any help is very much appreciated.

2 blackbelts

2. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably no dealers of the kind you'd want in Dgte. They all sell little bikes, except for the Honda dealer. But he doesn't have anything over 200cc other than maybe a leftover 250 MXer.

You'll more than likely have to go to Cebu or Bacolod. I think there's some BMWs being sold out of Bacolod.

Lots of 'big bike' clubs in Cebu City to point you in the right direction.

Over on the left side of Redemptorist Church in Cebu there was an outdoor type repair shop with guys that can tell you what's available.

The one club used to meet at the police station on Gorordo St. just off Mango St in Cebu every Friday around 5pm. Nice bunch of guys.

I did a lot of checking when I lived in Cebu City, and met a lot of club members too. For the most part, there are no walk in and buy a NEW big bike dealers in PI, other than maybe a few in Manila.

You're not in KS anymore..

3. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But big bikes do make it into PI.. as you can see by these pics from in front of Honeycomb and YNot taken during a Dgte Poker Run that had bikes coming in from all over the country..

[​IMG]

4. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This one owned by an expat from Bacolod never made it off the trailer for some reason..

[​IMG]

5. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I liked this German owned chopper from Alcoy, Cebu. I happened to bump into its' owner at MNL airport back in 2004 as we were both making our way back into the country.

[​IMG]

6. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is your +60yo US Consulate from Cebu back in 2001 or 2002 at one of the two Dgte Poker Runs.

[​IMG]

The Poker Runs were sabotaged by either the governor, mayor, or the organizer, depending on who's telling the story.

So you won't be seeing gatherings like that in Dgte anymore..too bad.

7. puti-tigbaw

puti-tigbaw DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice bikes but hardly practical in the Philippines with its well paved roads.

Most are from foreigners pensioning in the philippines i think allthough they seem to be able to buy in Manilla.

I think an all road bike would be best in Ph and then a 350cc or 500cc as like Yamaha had before.

In Bacolod they mainly sell the general small bikes as we mention them.

I bought a TMX 155 myself and what can i say i manage. I would have loved to buy the Yamaha XT 225 but for the time im there thats to much at this point maybe later if i have my own place its a safe investment