Dumaguete Info Search

Motorcycle Mechanic Neede

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dustylane53, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a mechanic with knowledge of carbeurators? My bike is a 400cc V-twin with dual carbs. I have a friend who can work wonders with most things but the carbs are another story. I've been told there is someone in the area who has one of the machines needed to tune dual carbs but I can't remember who it is or who told me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    As much as I know "Kalle" from Bayawan can do that kind of job...

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there is a store near real st and aldecoa drive. just a few meters from the crossing going to sumc. just try to ask and maybe you can start from that store.

4. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Gary - or "Dusty Lane" if you prefer........LOL!
    My Belgian neighbor, Claude, is a motorcycle mechanic....must be pretty good as he gets customers hauling their bikes in by trucks for his service. Problem is that I don't have his cell phone number or an email addy for him.
    His wife's name is Bridget. Maybe this is who you are thinking of? I can drive over to his house later today and ask him specifically about 'dual carns' - if you want. I will be in Duma most of the daytoday...Wednesday. let me know by text on the cell, okay...later today, after 10am....lol!
    Don - Amlan

5. OP
    OP
    dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks Don. Claude is the friend I mentioned. But right now he is very busy.

6. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Claude's number is 09063300896

7. OP
    OP
    dustylane53

dustylane53 DI Member

Retired Boilermaker
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I already have Clauses number, but thanks anyway. He is a good friend and an excellent mechanic. However, he is too busy right now to help me. I'm hoping to find someone who has the proper machine to tune my carbs.

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Think the shop's called Big Bikes(?). It would be a starting point, they may have synchronizing and vacuum pumps. I know a Swiss guy, but he too is not cheap and is always very busy. As also previously said there is Kalle in Bayawan, who has all the equipment to do what you need.

9. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have it too, if you know how to do it yourself. It's not complicated. It's simply two vacuum gages you hook up to the intake manifold and tune them until the absolute pressure is the same in both at a given RPM. The purpose is to make sure they both open equally much so one isn't given more throttle than the other. The RPM to measure at could vary with engine, but is typically around 1000 rpm or so. At WOT both carbs are fully open, it's at idle or low RPMs you want to synchronise it. Some, like my outboard, you need to clamp a few other vacuum hoses that might effect the readings otherwise.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Actually to do it correctly requires flow meters, not vaccuum gauges.

Larry