Dumaguete Info Search

Motorcycle muffler ordinance

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by jim787, May 8, 2016.

1. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    The city council has passed a muffler ordinance to supplement or supersede the national law in which the penalty was apparently too high to enforce. Read about it here:

Muffler ordinance approved

I am bemused by the council member's statement that loud noise enhances speed. It does enhance the driver's sense of speed. In my own experience, an aftermarket steel muffler is noisier than the original chrome. It is supposed to last longer, but in any case it's the exhaust pipe that rusts through first.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    So am I to assume that LTO will be out in force next week stopping every one of these loud motorcycles and trikes? They could come and camp out on the road I live on and get a dozen in a day even though its a small residential road. Its great how they already took care of all those pesky vehicles w/o headlights, taillights, and the use of turn signals so I'm sure that this will be enforced to the same high quality triple A(voidance) standard.

But seriously now, how about they worry on enforcing the laws especially the safety laws first before they start thinking on changing or lowering the punishments for other ignored laws they have no intention of enforcing anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Ordinance only for Dumaguete, doesn't cover our street.

4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    At one time during discussion there were times "zones" the law applied, like from midnight to 6 AM (I guess there is a lot of street racing downtown at night). It there still times of enforcement? Will the enforcers actually be out on the streets at times when there are not eating, talking to their friends, sleeping, or watching the cock fights endeavors on the streets? I see few enforcers anywhere accept on the chairs in the police stations after about 8 PM most nights, and 10 PM on the Boulevard.

Is there times of enforcement?

• Like Like x 1