Dumaguete Info Search

Motorcycle Parking

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sfgb35, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have only been back in Duma a few weeks after living in Cebu for 6 months, but already i am getting annoyed by the parking police. I don't mean the Traffic management people, but the 'Clowns' who move ur bike one inch and demand money. The other day i parked my bike in such a way so i could just get on and ride away. When i came back the parking guy had positioned my bike so i had to turn it around and then drag it to the exit . . . . . . . grr I always feel i have to give something or else they will let the air from my tires !!

2. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    OMG sfgb35, they turned your bike completely around?

So that it was facing THE OTHER DIRECTION ?!?!?!?

that is absolutely unacceptable! :eek:

Have you been to the Mayors office about this yet?

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

They certainly do get very annoying, but don't expect much sympathy from forum members. Sarcasm and ridicule seems to be the norm.

Larry

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I find the little kids begging around the bikes pretty annoying, but in general I don't mind driving somewhere, having a guy pushing the scooter away from the street, parking it and bringing it back to me for 2 - 5 peso after I am done with whatever my plan was.

5. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    2 pecos? Really? I always give 5. BIG SPENDER that I am! hahaha 5 pecos to have them not screw with my bike, priceless.

As for thekids, I NEVER hand them money. If there is a backery close I get them a muffin or somethingm rice if its available but money, no way.
    I will tell you I was walking away from YNot and down the street from there a man about 25 had one of these little beggers with his pockets turned out making sure he had taken all his money. Gangs use beggers just like in India, god I hope they dont disfigure them as they do in India. You never know where the money goes but maybe some bread or rice with reach these kids stomach.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  7. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A nurse at SUMC said he knows someone parking bikes across from LP. The parking guy claims to earn p800/day..

I don't believe it, but who knows?

8. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah... 800php the guy would need to look after 160 bikes a day at 5 pecos per bike. And there are a couple guys there at LP soooo 300 bikes?? I think not!

And as Roody said, maybe 2 pecos?? then he is watching over 400 bikes. Pull the other one, it plays jigglebells!

9. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol

Oh no a parking mafia thread again. Will there ever be an end to this major life problem that is dragging the world down :eek: Forget everything else going on someone truned my bike around for P2 :rolleyes: :D

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It's outrageous. My bike was parked, covered with cardboard, then moved to a shaded area, washed, polished, tyre pressures adjusted, kept in the shaded area, and then wheeled out to me, with crash helmet polished and visor cleaned, when I returned to the parking lot. These bandits demanded p60 and I was lost for words. I demand answers about these monstrous activities. :D:D:D

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.