Dumaguete Info Search

motorcycle saddlebags

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by filmdude, Jan 28, 2012.

1. filmdude

filmdude Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can you get decent motorcycle saddlebags in Dumaguete? if so where? or should I buy some in the states and bring them with me.thx for any info.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    buy them online and bring them. They are relatively inexpensive and made to fit your bike. they also will be waterproof and have reflective safety coating on them

3. Texsinbad

Texsinbad DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends on what type of saddlebags you want and also your bike. Generally, you will not find saddlebags in the States for the bikes sold here since they don't sell the bikes in the States.

Hard saddlebags are hard to find here, but you can have soft sided saddlebags custom made for your bike cheaply here. I have a new 135cc Rouser that I had soft sided saddlebags made for. I took my bike to a shop that does Seat Covers. All of the measurements were done just as I wanted the bags to look and fit. I went back a few days later, and the bags were then put on my bike and final adjustments were made to them.

I now have saddlebags that fit my bike EXACTLY and I it only cost less than $25.

As a side note, my but gets sore after about 2 hours of riding, and I want to go on some longer trips. So, I had some custom seat pads made for my bike. I have a split seat--a section for the driver, and one for the passenger. Therefore, I have 2 seat pads which have 2" quality foam covered by material that matches my bike, and have straps that go under my original seats so they will fit snuggly. I can put them on or remove them whenever I want to.

Again, these seat pads fit my bike EXACTLY and cost less than $17. The first time the shop put them on, my GF said that she wanted them on all of the time because they were so comfortable.

If anyone wants additional info, you can contact me.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    For that I can highly recommend the Pilko Pump Pants, Invented by Karl Pilkington, the Star of one of my favorite Shows:
    An Idiot Abroad

not only for sitting on a bike...

[video=youtube;rnXbIgyzC6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXbIgyzC6Y[/video]​

5. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I have seen Texsinbad's saddlebags and plan to get a set made for me also soon as budget allows. The seat covers he has look fairly good also. Its not some shoddy work but fairly good work and cheap.

But like its said if you want hard saddlebags you won't find them here, but the soft ones you can have custom made.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I made a hard/soft set for my YBR. I made a frame/brackets from flat steel bar, then covered them in soft leatherette. Look good, and pack a lot of weight.

Larry