Dumaguete Info Search

mountain farming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by tunji oluwajuyemi, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    so moved form dumaguete to uphill from bacolod 2 months ago...I go back to USA next week via dumaguete..plan to come back after 2 weeks abroad and do another long haul year in philippines..I'm Unemployed but my helper/ landlords caretaker saw how much veggies i buy for the house from bacolod at the mall and decided to have her husband come from his rice fields and dig me some garden beds to grow my own, and so I am .Now the first weeks of growth are here and now I'm out mental shopping for a goat farm for when i Return ..every one seems to have goats up here and I hate to raise the stench of pigs but I have a hectare of land rented with the house so goat farm I will go for....Maybe sheep if i can find some too..maybe start with 10 which I'm yet to find but there is a cattle market up here,i just need to make it there when they have goats on the block...

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Tunji, it sounds like you are feeling much better now compared to when you were around Dumaguete. Just want to wish you all the luck on your project and health that you can imagine.
    Ron

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Goats + no sturdy fence + garden = no garden.

The neighbors goats have munched on our sugarcane and newly planted coconut palm trees. They eat anything, or at least will attempt it!

4. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    (
    ----So I'm in dumaguete today at Nicanor hotel never thought it was so cheap..Maybe sample checkin hotel tommorrow then fly out to Manila and hawaii On monday for 2 weeks...The smell in dumaguete is at me again,thats the benefit in the mountains ,,no hydrogen sulphide from the sewage waters,and no real traffic emissionss...I still get bogged in the rain up there with cold symptoms but not all day fever so far like i would when in dumaguete :smile:

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hello Tunji

you didn't Dumaguete? I am I Bacolod and soon when my house here is sold I will move to Valencia

Brian

6. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Been bacolod since May and seriously considered valencia but the mountains in bacolod area are higher and cooler and cheaper with more land per house...But the reasons i moved didnt work out enough to keep me here as long as i would like so i will go back to USA by X-mas time and move all my stuff back with me,,I will see my parents home again after 13 years oh now 14 years away then i will go try to see if i can handle long term stay in central america more easily...Valencia is nice and i would still be there or even in philippines if i didnt have problems with respiratory in south asian environment...Cool if you were Ok in bacolod then dumaguete will be more intimate and as diverse....traffic may be more jammed at times in dumaguete but there is never far to go or so much roads to be stuck on in town any way....Cool and good on you there....

7. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hi Tunji

I have only been here 2 years & can’t ever see myself wanting to go back to AU, I don’t know what it is that attracts me to live here but it is home now, sorry to hear of your respiratory probes, hope all goes well for you back in the US, not sure how much the other fellow expats paid for land in Valencia but it seems to be too high for some lots,