Dumaguete Info Search

Moving Boxes for Sale?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rick&Sue, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Does anyone know where I can purchase moving boxes?

Thanks!

2. Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rick&Sue!

There are cheap boxes at Unitop that may serve the purpose. You might want to check it out since I don't think there are businesses yet in DUmaguete that specializes on moving (from one house to another).

It even crossed my mind of starting it as a new business. We had a client in Canada who does it, who knows it might work here.

3. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fantastic, thanks! I will check there tomorrow -- don't need anything REALLY sturdy, as I am moving only from Claytown Daro to just down the street from Hypermart. Just sturdy enough for a quick trip with some kitchen items, etc.

If anyone is interested, I have a mover coming tomorrow to look at the house contents to confirm the estimate he gave me over the phone. He sounded extremely professional, so I would be happy to provide his contact information AFTER THE MOVE, if all goes well, for anyone that might be looking.

I think your idea of starting a "moving supplies" business is a great one!!!

Thanks again for the tip,

Sue

4. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I went to Cang's in Daro today and asked at the Customer Service Desk if I could get some boxes. I was told that yes, I could get some, and I was taken through the back delivery area and outside. They had plenty of used boxes that had been "broken down" flat and stacked, and I was able to pick out what I wanted.

A very nice guy carried them for me back up by the cashier, and he tied them up for me to make them easy to bring home. A cashier asked me how many I had, so I was expecting to pay a small fee per box --which was certainly fine by me. Suddenly the guy picked them up and started for the door, asking me if I needed a trike, so I just followed! He carried them out front, got me a trike, and put them inside. (I have always had very nice customer service at Cang's, by the way.)

SO -- for anyone needing boxes, they are available at Cang's in Daro!

5. georgekelly

georgekelly One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well my friend is looking to rent moving boxes but in chicago, any recommendations from your side will be a great help.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    You mean they have no way of acquiring moving boxes in Chicago, USA???

• Funny Funny x 1