Dumaguete Info Search

Moving buglasan fest on December??

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by wiNkz, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have read news on the idea of governor macias to move the buglasan festival of festivals on december instead of its regular sked on october..wat are your opinion on this? is the postponement already confirmed?

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I guess the postponement isn't confirmed yet. But they are busy building the Buglasan Village in Piapi. This is definitely a good development to this increasingly popular celebration.

3. OP
    OP
    wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thankz echir for the info.. but can you tell me more about the buglasan village in piapi?? wat is that for?

4. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    In my opinion this is a BAD move because people have MORE TIME in Oct. to go to this. December has too many activities as it is to compete with this event.

This is one of my VERY FAVORITE events! Pls send pics when it happens if you can! Every tourist should visit this if they can.

5. OP
    OP
    wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi cyndi,

the postponement, sad to say, is already confirmed. i have a chance to talk to a tourism officer in the province. and yes i agree that people have more time in October..tsk tsk.. it so unfortunate that they moved it to December..

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks for the confirmation although I am very disappointed with the decision! Less money and time for such a GREAT event by moving it to December.

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    This bugs me less than the mayors descision to move all the Blvd activities associated with local festivals to Quezon park instead of having all the food vendors under the trees with the stages on the waterfront... This was(IMHO) the one good use fro the BVld, except I suppose the mayors son and other restaurant owners were complaining about the loss of bussiness. I prefer the smaller fiestas such as Dauins for a good time. Buglasin in my humble opinion is way too crowded. but that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.