Dumaguete Info Search

Moving to Dumaguete in March

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by filmdude, Dec 31, 2011.

1. filmdude

filmdude Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well hope to meet some of you in March and there after. My wife and I will be moving there in March and will rent a house until we can find a lot or half built house to buy. I am in the U.S. now and can't wait to get out. I have been going to the Philippines since 1979 and wished I had bought back then. We do have property in Baguio we are selling and used to have property in Samar. I was happy to read about some of you who like to target shoot as it is one of my passions. I already have a couple of guns there and probably will get a few more as the years go on. I am looking to buy a motorcycle when I get there but don't want a little one . Also don't need something as big as a Harley. I am 6'2 so need about a 500 susuki or Yamaha doesn't matter. does anybody know if they are available in Dumagute or will I have to bring one from Manila? Loking forward to meeting some of you.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Welcome to DI and all the best for your plans :smile:
    see you in march, cheers

rhoody

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  4. sugarcanenomads

sugarcanenomads DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't wait to visit Duma after over 15 years! last time i was there i was in high school but remembered really liking it. Diverse races (compared to most of the PI).

I'm now in pattaya city, thailand. lots of expats here too... but it's too much of a sex tourist town for me. i will return to Negros this summer. Excited!

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Welcome to Dumaguete and hope you enjoy it.

I have a 500cc Yamaha I'll consider selling. I brought it from Manila as well.

Here's a photo of it on my recent trip to samar and leyte:

[​IMG]