Dumaguete Info Search

moving to dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by chi town, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Hello All,

Any ideas of where to move on the outskirts of the town of Dumaguete? Maybe a twenty to thirty minute ride by tricycle. Plus and minuses of different areas outside of Duma? Visited the town and stayed at the Coastal Inn for two days the beginning of this month and liked what I saw of the boulevard and downtown area. Visited a friend at Bacong. I think Valencia is too far for my tastes but I will rent for several months and look at property for building a house so I will check it out. Anyway, all input will be appreciated. Good and bad.

chi town

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Places liike Zamboanguita and Dauwin might be just to far away , as you also claim Valencia is. However I do recommand those places highly . There is good public transport along the " highway " either by mini van or bus.
    You just might fall in love with these places.. you wouldn,t be the first....

3. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Chi Town

Go to Zamboaquita at km 22 you find Apo Vista there is a dutchman who is building houses and bungalows.
    The place is perfect with a beautifull view on Apo island.
    It is just 2 km from Malatpay market.

Greetings J.Diver

4. OP
    OP
    chi town

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Thanks for the info earlmj and Diver. Will surely look into visiting Zamboaquita when I move to Dumaguete but I feel that I would like some place closer to the city. But never say never right? Change and adapt. Thanks again guys.

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    This is just a suggestion. Why not try Sibulan? There are still lots available in the subdivision we are in. It's location a a little uphill, overlooking the sea and the beach is just across the National Road.

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Bacong's only 10 minuets away from dumaguete and you say you have friends there,but the beache's are not that good,but it's peaceful with a nice church

7. OP
    OP
    chi town

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Thanks for the suggestions jimeve and chrissar. Will look at Sibulan for sure chrissar. Thanks again guys.

8. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    hi chrissar, you mention that lot is stil available in sibulan where you purchase yours can you pls. send me a pm of the asking price? maybe i can afford. thanks in advance.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.