Dumaguete Info Search

Mr. nice guy

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by weena, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every woman's dream is to find the Mr. Right Guy for them.He doesn't have to be PERFECT.... but he has to be a MR.NICE GUY!!!! YOU see, i'm always misleading myself about it. I don't know which is which anymore...I see guys all the time and they seemed to be the right one..but not.and here comes the nice guy and seems to be the PERFECT ONE!!! HEY.. Which is Which..THE RIGHT GUY or the NICE GUY????

2. AntiX

AntiX DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Everybody loves falling in love. It's a big serotonin rush to the brain. The problem is, it doesn't last. The rose color fades from the glasses you put on and you start to see things clear.
    Another problem is wanting the person to be what he/she is not. No matter how bad you want Mr. Right to be Mr. Nice Guy, either he is or he isn't. Women tend to believe they can make men change and men think women won't change.
    One thing that helps is to take your time and watch how the person reacts in a number of different situations, especially in public with different people around. If you spend your entire time gazing dreamily into his pretty eyes you're going to miss a lot.
    I watched my wife react with different people in different situations for 3 years. I finally decided she was the one. How she figured I was ok I'll never know.

3. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Think you answered your own question in the last line, with what you said in the first and second sentence, or is this rhetorical?
    "Mr Right Guy.....has to be Mr Nice Guy", therefore, either he is the same person or he's clearly a 'schizophrenic'. Personally, I don't see how you're misleading yourself, deluding yourself maybe, as it's extremely unlikely there is or has ever been such a 'beast'(the perfect man) in existence. And, from what I've seen over the decades I've spent in Dumaguete so far, if such an animal does exist, he certainly hasn't arrived here yet.
    Along with Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and honest lawyers, I think you'll find that the "Perfect Man", is merely a figment of a youthful imagination.:D

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    .. I definitely disagree with that... there are plenty of cases where the right guy don't has to be a nice guy...

... Mr. nice guy is for getting married and die deadly bored, Mr. bad guy is for having fun until the end of your or his days...

the basement for any of that relations between the 2 genders is respect, honesty and trust (no matter if nice or bad) and NOT squeezing, controlling and owning.

If respect, honesty and trust is given between the 2 parties, you will have a good foundation to be Mr and Mrs Right....

just my 2 centavos... but what do I know about nice guys anyway...

Rhoody

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Actually Rhoody, so do I (disagree), the reason the phrase was in inverted commas, was because I was directly quoting from Weena's thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding, if there was one. It would appear that my english grammar seems to have slipped a bit, since living here.......!:D

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    haha... as you know I am German, what do I know about English grammar anyway... maybe the perfect solution is a nice guy (in terms of social security and support getting married) and a bad guy for fun ... hehe.

Or even more appropriate for some cases I know,

a nice guy for social security and support, a bad guy for support and having fun and a local husband somewhere in the background or province...

... maybe I am also too long here and observe to much.

7. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i agree that ever woman's dream to find her Mr: Right Guy yess.. :smile: but i don't agree that He has to be Mr: Nice Guy... why????? because i don't like that he do things he don't want just to be nice guy.... and still be nice guy even there is no reason to be nice guy... i prefer to have a guy which is bad if really needed and honest to me... i better get hurt just to know the reality instead of being nice guy still, but deep inside of him he is not happy and he don't respect me... coz then he is also not honest to him self and to me, so if he lies to him self, how more he lies to me????:(

i agree with Rhoody in his says "the basement for any of that relations between the 2 genders is respect, honesty and trust (no matter if nice or bad) and NOT squeezing, controlling and owning".

cheers
    Rechel:smile:

8. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I think it would be helpful to have some definitions, so I submit the following:

The "Nice" Guy is the one who faithfully sends you money even as he is in a far-off land laboring away.

The "Right" Guy is the guy you are with RIGHT now.

:D

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    But If you have a "Right" guy you need also a "Left" guy if not your life is pretty unbalanced and it can happen to you like it did to our member "The Dude" ... just read the original post of him about his near drowning experience
    ... both paragraphs start with ".. right".

So double right seems to be pretty dangerous without some ballancing "Left".

Do "Left"-over count ???

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yes, I lead an unbalanced life, but I think that qualifies me for fitting in with all the other crazy foreigners.

This thread needs the point of view from a man. Who gives a **** about Mr. Right or Mr. Nice. I only care about Miss right this moment. Or if I have a plan, perhaps Miss tonight. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.