Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info My Experience Dumaguete BOI January 2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DumagueteJohn, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I promised that I would post reports of my experience(s) at BOI Dumaguete.

I went today for the first time, mabye 11AM.

I went only to inquire.

I lost my ACR card two months ago, I am on a tourist visa, I came into the Philippines on February 13 of 2013, and my current tourist visa expires February 13, of this year, 2014, my one-year anniversary here is next month, etc.

A portly fellow spoke with me. He was very smartly dressed and very professional.

I told him "I'm not here to make any application, I'm here only to inquire."

He told me "OK, how can I help you?"

I told him my story: Tourist, lost ACR card, my visa expires next month, I want to avoid going to Cebu or Manila if possible, etc.

He asked me "May I please see your passport?"

At first I thought that perhaps he had misunderstood me, so I repeated "I'm not here to make any application, I'm, here to inquire only.".

He replied "I understand, but if you show me your passport, I will be able to see the history of your stay here, and I will be able to better address your inquiry.".

Made sense to me, so I gave him my passport.

He looked at each page, and here's what he told me:

1. " Your ACR information is recorded here in your passport. It does not matter that you lost your ACR card. When you return to apply for your extension, just photocopy this page in your passport in place of photocopying your ACR card. You do not need to obtain a new ACR card before applying for your next extension. "

2. "Your annual report is part of your extension this time. You do not have to fill out the extended form as must the students and permanent residents, because you are on a tourist visa. Tourists are exempt from having to fill out the long form for their yearly report. For tourists, the yearly report happens automatically when they extend the tourist visa at the time yearly reports are due."

3. "You don't have to go either Cebu or Manila for anything at this time to extend your tourist visa; we will take care of everything here in Dumaguete for you."

The gentleman then took three thin strips of paper and put them into my passport at the places where I would need to photocopy for my next visit for my extension. He put one strip on my bio/photo page, another strip at the place where my ACR info was noted, and the third strip of paper he put at the very end, at the page showing my most recent visa extension stamp.

I walked out of there thinking "Will somebody please pinch me?, Is this for real?"

I will post again after applying there for my extension....probably within the next few days.

John

2. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    What I want to know is how did you manage to get past the rent a cop that is hell bent on giving everyone that walks through the door a cue number?

3. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is completely normal, as long you have your stuff together, stick to the rules, and don't come up with any fantasies. Of course one can always try to create problems, where there are none or make up new "wild fantasy rules"..... and you can read many of them in another thread. Worst case scenario would be they ask 2 pictures and 50$ that you get a new ACR-I.

4. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Congratulation, you found one of many helpful People here, many times it's OUR attitude that's upsetting the peace...

5. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was simple, I took my number (7) and sat down! :smile:

6. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Bravo DJ!

Just when I got the extension process dialed in they changed it. Earlier through trial and error I learned that the best way for an extension was to walk in, form filled out, passport copies of appropriate pages made, and pesos in hand. Drop said items on the ladies desk and return the next day to pick up my passport, receipt, and change if any. Total time spent in the office under 2 minutes. And that was what the lady said was best for her (I asked) Now you get a cue number and wait to drop it off and a cue number to wait to pick it up the next day. So I won't be doing that anymore.

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Maybe in time, they will go like SMC, you get a number, to queue for a another number, 5.30am for first number, then 7am to get your Doctor Number, which turns out to a 3.30pm appointment (well thereabouts.) Why make something simple, when they, have so much fun, Adds a new meaning to the word Priority

Remember when our Parents used to say. We are only a number, How Very True :rolleyes:

8. OP
    OP
    DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I'm getting the hang of it; think like they think, act accordingly. Be nice ALWAYS, talaga! At worst it's better entertainment than a bad movie, and takes much less time. I like your practical way of doing it, probably no longer possible as you yourself say. But I like it. I'll go back to Dumaguete B of I in a few days, will see if everything goes as smoothly as the man there said it would. I was tickled that he put the three little bookmarks in my passport for me to show me which pages I would have to photocopy, really!

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The three little bookmarks in your passport aren't for your benefit. They are to help the girl in the travel agency next door who does most of the photocopying so that she doesn't have to search through your passport for the relevant pages.

10. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I'm always nice .. but all the while I'm thinking "This is F'n stupid" .. I also realize it's not the girl's fault. She had it working smooth before but now somebody decided to build a better mouse trap.
    My hide is still chapped over that trip to Cebu for my ECC though.