Dumaguete Info Search

My Experience

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by liquido, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquido

liquido DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As of April Cebu Pacific Airlines now is charging 50p for soft drinks..Dumaguete airport being a small airport does not offer a revolving conveyor to pickup your luggage from.They just drop it off in an enclosed area were its a free for all to picking your bag..It seems like the going price on a motorized tricycle(having no taxi's) to the city is 100p..When coming back to the airport make sure your tricycle driver has long pants and shoes on.If the driver is wearing short pants,shorts or sandals the guard at the gate will not allow the tricycle on the premises.I had to walk the short distance to the terminal with my bags from the front gate..lol.When riding the tricycles around the city the standard rate is 6p.I stayed at the CheckInn Hotel which is kind of new almost kiddie corner from the new Mcdonalds.The cost was 800p for a standard room..They did not have refrigerators..The room was small but clean..There were alot of child beggars on Rizal street I think thats the name were the Dunkin Donuts is on.If your looking to sin they have 3 places by the airport I was told.The WhyNot Disco on the Boulevard was happening when I went there.I was in town only 3 days wishing I had more time.All the people I encountered around town were VERY friendly .Just thought I would share some of my experience..

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks for the info.

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for sharing liquido .

4. richard

richard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I spent most of yesterday on a motorbike looking for a house/apt. I must say as hectic as the traffic looks the people are very kind when it comes to old men on motorbikes.. old wet men on motorbikes (got caught in the downpoor). Not at all like traffic in the states where you would be directed with the middle finger.

Really like it here hope I find a place.

richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.