Dumaguete Info Search

My Opinion

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by The Teach, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Teach

The Teach DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would just like to express an opinion here.

I have been a member of this site for several months now and I think that it is a WONDERFUL site for information about Dumaguete and its environs.

What upsets me is people who post and seem to want to argue/disagree/be insulting etc....

Will someone please tell me why people want to be like this? If it were not for people like this, I would post a lot more - but I do not want my 'ideas' critisized or my thoughts and ideas 'shot down' in such a passive way.

I fully support Rhoody - all he stands for and all he does - and he also happens to be a GREAT friend!!! Perhaps the people who insult the Germans should look at themselves and get the hell off this forum!!!

Depending on the reaction I get from this post, this may be my last posting - but I know who my friends are - and it has NOTHING to do with being German, English, Danish, American etc...... people are people - and I like people!!!!!

I am really sad to have been moved to make a post like this - but I don't like what I have been reading lately.

Al.:smile:

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    In a very general sense, I find that most disconcerting comments are made because people react from a position of ideology and/or wanting explanations for everything to be simple. It's a lot easier to cling to a particular belief system and have all the universe fit neatly under its umbrella. Much more difficult is admitting that we really don't know the answers but we're trying to understand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Al, a part of your text:

I am really sad to have been moved to make a post like this - but I don't like what I have been reading lately.

I'm glad YOU HAVE BEEN moved to make such a post ! :smile:
    Not that I share the same feeling (I can easily take distance from certain postings) but it's indeed good to know WHY people do so.
    I'm only believing that you won't get consensus on the answers.
    People have different minds, different believes, different education levels, different abilities to express themselves etc etc etc...
    I don't mind when people are fiercely against other ones statements.
    What I DON'T like is when someone gets rude and insults another member who has another OPINION.
    Stay cool Al and keep posting. :cool:

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Opinion

Hello Al,

Please don't leave the forum, I know there are some members are rude, some
    arrogant, but a forum in my opinion, is about discussions, arguments,agreements
    etc, etc, but as you say not to insult people.(hope I haven't insulted you mate)

Some times my post can be a little over the top, but I make light of some post
    and cast a joke now and then, some think its funny others not.

Not one person is the same, that would be boring, we all have our opinions,
    as for Rhoody, well what can I say, one of the funniest and helpful guys you
    could meet, Thats one san mig you owe me Rhoody lol.

I hope you read this Al.

5. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    will I'm alraedy a bit long in this forum and I'm used on the language that Rhoody's used (that's his style), but maybe to some new members (who don't know the style of rhoody or personality that he established here in this forum)who can read the word bull+#+# from his post immediately irritated.But hey guys!, I enjoyed reading jokes of Rhoody and some crazy comments..:D of course he also give some very informative things about philippines .For me,he is interesting guy . (rhoody i'm not flirting:smile:) ok time to go and put more power as more works to do until weekend.poor lady.

6. Shirley

Shirley DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To each his own… Personally, I am all for stating your own opinion no matter how you express it, as long as you are not hurting anyone. What gets me is that people will go out of their way just to insult you. Why? Does it make them feel better about themselves?

I truly enjoy this sight and was glad to read about the big changes in the city. I went to high School in Dumaguete at St Louis which is now something else. I lived in Valencia for a couple of years and seeing the changes and the place has made me home sick. I went back home 4 years or so ago, but it was for my Grandma’s funeral so I never gotr to sight see .. I will next time.

7. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree w/ Timn8ter…and the idea of ignoring the person who u think is not worth arguing from jellyfish. As what he said, people normally stop after a while when they don't have the 'thrill' of being quoted…and hope that it’ll also work fine for everyone…

Teach, it’s a braved and decent act for u to defend ur friend…

No offense to those who felt insulted w/ rhoody’s comments, but I just found him amusing. Really!

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Al, you are so good to me... I owe you another one... but you start always too early for me... (how about this evening at Mikes dive-shop around 7pm ?)

Jim, only 11 month to go. I had complaints from the SM brewery that their stock is too big, so better hurry... leave the left lane and take the right flight... You know there is more than 1 cold one arround...

Jelly, you are dutch, anything more to say? hehe... (I still look for a new place to jam...)

Mummy, serious, I don't care at all what 99% of the people think about me.
    and nobody is forced to read and/or participate on this board.

Shirley, I still consider St. Louis as one of the better schools in Duma even I disagree with some of the things going on there (like teacher selling overpriced candies to the kids to make a bit more money, even recruiting high-school students to do the job for them...)

Daffs, you better start flirting with me... hehe

I am happy to meet everybody of you guys when they come to Duma...
    Sure I am sometimes a bit over the top, again if people cant handle, don't read and join, nobody is forced to do that. The Dane is the good cop, I am the bad and you don't wanna know how much fun we have with that. Like mentioned before I am the bad and the ugly...

cheers

Rhoody

9. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    For me, Rhoody is like MARMITE.... it's either you love it or hate it. And you owe us one Rhoody, as we appreciate of what you have contributed in this forum and I personally find you amusing...:D :D :D

For those who don't know what MARMITE is.... it's a kind of bread spread.

10. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, i hope i also have one cold SMB waiting for me when i come to visit this june? :D :D ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.