Dumaguete Info Search

Myocarditis Following Immunization With mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines in Members of the US Military

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Obliged Friend, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is an informative study. I trust it more than studies done on and self reporting from the general population in the US. Far more structure and integrity in the military, more reliable medical data and you don't have to be too concerned with military personnel not going to the doctor due to the financial burden. This eased some of my concerns about the heart issues with mRNA vaccines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Go to Altmetric…News at the study….note how the media spins the headline.

4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    If you end up going to the US for a vaccine, as you've often said you will if left with no choice, see if Novavax is available. It is not mRNA, it is made in America, and it has high efficacy. I think it will be available in the next two months.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm hoping the VA Manila pulls through and gets some j&j soon. Leaving the Philippines before they open up to fully vaccinated tourists is a last resort.

6. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Rye, my buddy just told me J&J is available at VA in Manila for all enrolled veterans from July 6 to August 6, all ages..

7. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    “The VA Manila Clinic will be able to begin vaccinating non-enrolled Veterans at the end of July 2021. Veterans who are not currently patients and do not receive any healthcare benefits can begin scheduling a vaccine appointment on July 7, 2021, with a first appointment available on July 21, 2021. Non-enrolled Veterans can pre-register their intent to receive a vaccine at VA’s COVID-19 information page, on this website: Sign up to get a vaccine | Veterans Affairs.”

For Veterans who are not current patients at VA Manila, please do not call or email the Clinic before July 7. We will not be able to schedule you for a vaccine appointment until July 7. The SAVES LIVES Act (Public Law 117-4), requires that VA prioritize the vaccination of our enrolled Veteran patient population first. If you contact us before July 7, we will not be able to schedule your vaccine appointment and you will be taking away time from staff scheduling other Veteran appointments. Your cooperation, adherence, and respect for this date will be expected and highly appreciated”

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm confused on what "enrolled" means. I filled out a form on the VA website to keep updated concerning the vaccine availability but I have never been treated there before, informed them of my military disability status (they should already know this) or told the VA I was living in the Philippines. So I'm not sure if I am enrolled or not.

Edit:
    I did receive this email June 25th:
    Screenshot_20210703-082916.png

And have filled out the form twice but have not received any text or email from VA Manila. VA Manila website very clearly states that you should not walk in so I won't risk that.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  9. dadof3at1ce

dadof3at1ce DI Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +111 / 11
    Last I knew it was still in clinical trial, but was looking very promising. I think it will authorized in a few months as well.

10. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    “You can let VA Manila know that you’d like a COVID-19 Vaccine if you are a non-Enrolled Veteran, a Spouse or Caregiver of a Veteran, and would like a vaccine. To do this, please send an email to: ManilaCOVIDVaccine@va.gov. Please use the following subject line in your email: “Non-Enrolled Veteran / Spouse / Caregiver Vaccine Intent”

In the body of your email, include the following information:

Name, Date of Birth, Last 4 of Social Security Number

(if a spouse/caregiver of a Veteran): Veteran’s Name, Date of Birth, Last 4 of Social Security Number (if applicable)

Local Address (full street, barangay, city, province, postal code).

Local Phone Number and Email Address

Include a statement that you want to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and are you willing to travel to VA Manila in Pasay City to receive the vaccine.

When you send a message to this information, a member of the VA Manila staff will compile your information into a secured database and maintain the information on file. When VA Manila receives enough vaccines to offer a shot to all enrolled Veterans, we will begin to contact non-Veterans in priority order based on age. VA Manila will maintain this information and contact Veterans with additional information about when a COVID-19 vaccine may be available for them from the Outpatient Clinic. After non-enrolled Veterans, if any supplies are remaining, we can offer them to spouses and caregivers.”

Send an email direct to Manila. Follow the instructions stated above.