Dumaguete Info Search

NEED CHIROPRACTOR = Pinched Nerve?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Don, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Hi One and All......

PLEASE!! Can anyone recommend a "Good" Chiropractor - or even another type of "doctor" ( ie: local Hilot, Quack Doctor/Faith Healer) to relieve SERIOUS:mad: lower back, left buttock pain?

I am assuming (yes - I know) I pinched a nerve when I carried 3 bags of concrete from my truck to a tool shed...about 17 days ago. The first 3 following days I could only lay on the bed, groaning. Gradually, I noticed the severe pain actually began to move around: from severe lower left back, to left buttocks, then - almost daily - from the buttocks downwards...stayed in left knew cap for a full day, went down to front shin bone all the way to my ankle.

All I can due is lay on the bed and moan, or get up and walk around a bit. I have not been able to sit (not even on the commode) in all this time. I was hopping it was a pulled muscle and I could just "work it out" over a weeks time - but no longer think so! A good friend believes , mostly because of the traveling style - even though there's still allways pain in the left lower back - that's it's a pinched nerve.

I've been able to sit and drive my surplus 1 time to Duma and back (a 35/40 minute drive) during this time...but it damned near killed me.

Or, short of a excellent Chiropractor, can anyone recommend a drug tha will work to fully relive the pain?
    Believe me, "Thank You" to anyone who responds...LOL!

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Sorry to hear of all that pain. I really screwed up my back last year and couldn't stand up. There is an old hilot lady near my house in Agan An Sibulan. It hurt like hell but when she finished 80 percent of the pain was gone and by the next day almost perfect again. She has also worked on my wife and kids with really good results.

Don't know if you want to come here or not, but the offer is open to come to my house and my wife will arrange the meeting.

Just let me know if I can be of any help.

I'm no expert, but last I heard the only Chiropractor was out of the country and the only other one I know of is in Cebu Ayala shopping center. Hope I'm not wrong.
    Ron

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    You need to consider that you may have a compressed disk in your spin pinching your nerves that is why the pain travels and you are usually more comfortable walking than sitting. This will require an MRI or maybe some xrays can detect it. At the least you will need muscle relaxers and pain medication, naproxin 500mg works well for the pain and skelaxin 800mg is a good muscle relaxer if available. You really need to see a doctor.

4. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Ron,

Thank You for your fast response! WOW!!

Here's my email addy so we can correlate a time 'n date...like maybe tomorrow right away - or Tuesday afternoon? I suppose you'l need time to check with your asawa - and the Hilot, to be sure the Hilot's available??

I'll dang sure risk the trip if you really feel she is that good!

I think you're correct...no Chiro's in Dumaguete - and there's no way on God's Green Earth I can go to Cebu.

DON'S EMAIL: LIGHT_TEN_UP@YAHOO.COM

NEW: Edit email addy: LIGHT - underscore-TEN- underscore-up@ Yahoo.com

5. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Pedro,

Yes, you are most likely correct - but what type of Doctor? And where? I've been to Sillimans in the past...the ER folks can't speak English and insist you lay down and tell them all about the color, density, etc of your waste materials. The last time, the "dodtor" could not even due the blood pressure. Their new rooms are very nice...but unless they have much better doctors AND more up to date equipment....I don't see the point in going there..except , maybe, for the MRI. But then who can properly and correctly interpret the reading???

Do you think those two medications you told me about are available without a doctor's prescription? I'll try to get them I when I can get a confirmtion from Ron about what day his Hilot is available...
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Don, Just sent an e mail
    Ron

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Naproxin (or Sodium Naproxin) is generic for Aleve and should be avialable without a prescription up to 200mg, Skelaxin and most muscle relaxers will require a doc's perscription. Cold pak's if you can get them (or towel with ice cubes) also help to numb pain at the source. Therapy once you control the pain usually consists of strengthening the back muscles and stretching back and leg muscles. I don't think I would trust a local chiropractor with this.

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Don, sorry to hear about your injury. If it turns out you need a chiropractor adjustment, Dr. Jim at Ayala Mall Cebu can take care of you. His price is now 1,300.

9. San Miguel

San Miguel Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Don, I am a Chiropractic Doctor living in Sibulan. We are presently out of the country, returning in a few weeks. Sorry I was not there to help you. Dr. Mike

10. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Need chiropractor

Dr. Mike (San Miquel), Ron, Pedro, Kenny and PatO;
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND OFFERS TO HELP AND SUGGESTIONS/OPINIONS

Dr. Mike- I sure wish you were here! If possible, from my previous description of the pain, can you hazard a "ball park" guess as to the probable cause of all this? Slipped disc, pinched nerve, pulled muscles? ...whatever? I'm sure you'd prefer a hands on exam....but I am curious as to what, if any, your possible assessment might be.

Well...dummy me!! I tried boiling hot water bottle! I thought the idea was to relax...stretch..the muscles. Didn't think they should be contracted!

Guys - I've learned one thing here over this pain. Your body apparently is NOT as young as you think you are! Don't be fooled by the yong girls flirting with 'ya...if your an "older" guy like me...your body may look good on the outside, but it's the insides to watch out for. No more carrying bags of cement for me - I'll let the yonger helper due that now! LOL!!

Ron - on our way right now. See you about 2PM Thank you!