Dumaguete Info Search

Need Dermatologist

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Gotta take my daughter to a dermatologist ASAP. She has severe eczema, and right now, there is hardly a part of her body that is not affected. She never had problems until we arrived in the Philippines a year ago. When we went home to the states a few months ago, we got it cleared up, and within 2 months of coming back, it came back. It is an environmental thing, heat probably. Anyway, she is miserable and I feel so bad for her, we are going through 3-4 tubes of steroid ointment a week without much luck. So, if anyone knows a good dermatologist, I greatly appreciate a name, etc.....I think I will stop by Silliman Med. Ctr. tomorrow and look on their list of docs and see what I can find.
    Thanks!!

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Marie,

I Just contacted friends and was told that Dr. Munoz is located near tops and bottoms and from what I was told, she is a very good Dermatologist. I hope you can get her help fast.

Ron

3. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    could it be an allergy? is there something she is eating her regularly that she could be allergic to? Perhaps it is the laundry detergent or the soap she is bathing with. Just a thought. When I was a kid I was allergic to a particular type of bubble bath.

I hope you get it sorted.

4. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    allergies?

Thanks for the thought, but, believe me we have addressed all of this....we have tried hypoallergenic detergents, using Ivory soap, doing the special diet (no chicken, dairy, chocolate,etc....), it was funny, because after we were back in the states it cleared up without altering soaps or diet, and as soon as we stepped back here in the Philippines it came right back!! It is something environmental no doubt. I think it could just be the heat/humidity combination. When we were in Manila a doctor there suggested it could be the pollution, but the pollution is not so bad here, so I am thinking that isn't it either.

5. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think it is all about the weather. I have been away from the PI for 10 years now and only been 2 times home so far, that was about about every 3 years (but the last time, the second one was 2006...) and I have the same problem.

I develop all these skin rashes, I even changed my detergent soaps and had a special bath soap from a dermi (from Dumaguete but will not recommend her, we had an appointment with her, and it happened that we need to go to some far away places days before the appointment, and we only need to travel for hours to be back to Dumaguete for her appointment only to find out that her office was closed; well, her secretary was around but the secretary did not even know about it! GRRRRRR...very unresponsible!). I also tried to avoid some food, but no, it did not help (even the special soap from the dermi did not help!), but it soon disappeared once I set foot back to cold old Holland.

The last week was really over 30 degrees C here in the Netherlands and yesterday it was 35 degrees. And you know what? I was walking under an umbrella (a parasol I do not have) while the Dutchies were all bare skinned almost...So they all found me strange I think trying to avoid the prickly heat while they have to try so much to have their skin tanned. But being away from the PI does get me with this problem. Can not stand under the sun anymore. I will be getting the rashes and gets very itchy under the sun.

6. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    rashes

Thanks!! Yep, sounds the same, she itches so badly, but she has it on her palms, on her ears, face, her arms, legs, fingers, and where the sun don't shine :D...it is rough, so I know it is her eczema, I just need to figure out how to clear it up and keep it cleared up here, short of moving back to the states!!

7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Have you tried Synalar cream?

8. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Synalar cream

Never even heard of it, but read up on it and it definitely sounds like something worth trying!! Thanks!!

9. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dr. Munoz

Finally got ahold of Dr. Munoz's office and we have a 4:30 appt. today, thanks for all the good info!!

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I also need a good dermatologist, nasty heat rash prescription will not cure. Did Dr. Munoz turn out be a recommended doctor? Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.