Dumaguete Info Search

NEED EXPAT TO HELP SAIL MY BOAT AND DO ISLAND HOPPING

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Emilygallon, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Emilygallon

Emilygallon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi my name is Emily Gallon and I own a 25 foot recently rebuilt sail boat that is perfect for the Philippines. It sleeps 4 comfortably. The problem is we dont know yet how to sail. We are looking for experienced or non experienced crew preferably expats. I am hoping to find experienced sailors here who would like to swim with the largest fish in the world the whale sharks in Oslop. If you have experience Captain there is no cost at all. If you have no experienced we would have to rent an experienced captain and this would increase the cost sharing (which inc food and diesel) and the set price is 1000p a day for live aboard. Very cheap and loads of fun. We are ready to go asap we are in Dumaguete but the boat is in storage in Leyte not far from here and is ready to go within 1 day. Lets sail find me on facebook emily.gallon.52 .

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Oooooooooooooooooooooh Boy! can't wait, to see what Our captain has to say about all the posts.:jawdrop::indifferent::wink: smells a little like [​IMG] to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+

If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd be her "Captain". Did you look at her facebook? https://www.facebook.com/emily.gallon.52/about. She's a cutie.

Emily: Stop spamming the forum please, I don't want to ban you but I will.

(So guys, you see my weakness now.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Emilygallon

Emilygallon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ok sorry i asked you if it was ok anyway i wont post any notice again. i didnt think it was spamming just put the message in different categories and they all fit

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think you will have much luck in other forums with posting the same topic 3-4 times in different categories. It's just how forums work.....very few Admins/Moderators will allow it.

I see no problem with you posting a request for an experienced sailing couple to join you or teach you how to sail. Just know that your post here reads as an thinly veiled advertisement for a beach resort or boat touring company. I wouldn't think your average person would invest in (re)building a sail boat without first knowing how to sail.

After talking to you I think you are honestly just looking for another couple to either teach you to sail or share the cost of hiring a captain. I would suggest you offer to meet up in Dumaguete with a couple first to make sure they are legit (and give them a chance to make sure you are legit). If I were in the market to steal a boat I would just have you meet me in Leyte, sail out sea, pull a gun and tell you and your husband to start swimming. Gotta be careful in the Philippines, there is a scam and/or a person looking to make a quick buck around every corner.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
  7. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Hi Emily,
    i used to own a 6 berth yacht, sailed from langkawi to subic,
    i can help you in Jan if you have not got someone by then, you supply the beer and grub and i will help you out,
    i dont now any sailor that doesnt drink! a must have aboard any vessel is at least 2 bottles of rum and 5 cases of COLD beer!

good luck

• Like Like x 1