Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Need good Dentist recommendation

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Keith88gt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Keith88gt

Keith88gt DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good dentist to have some work done while in staying in Ginatilan in March. We will be taking the ferry over to Dumaguete.

Thank you so much,

Keith

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Keith88gt

Keith88gt DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Knowdafish for pointing me in the right direction:smile:

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    You are very welcome! If you have more questions feel free to ask away and welcome to DI!! :D

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Dentist - Dr. Noble

When I had dentist needs a month after I moved here I asked my American Filipino Landlord for a suggestion. She recommended a Dr Noble, on the back side of the building from McDonalds (I could find that address after my first month).

I had a broken crown, and he replaced it with a fully porcelain crown. I had been told not to put any more metal in my mouth. He had plastic over metal for as low as 2,000 pesos. I chose the most expensive alternative he offered, pure porcelain and I had to ask for it. The cost was 10,000 pesos. It was done in a couple of days. I have had no problems with it, and since broke another and had it fixed also with no problems. I had a veneer come off, went to the office to get an appointment, and they called the doctor in from off site. He repaired my situation in about 15 minutes with no charge. My dentist in the states would charge me about $280 USD to repair the work he had done that had failed. The whole experience with Dr. Noble was less than 1/2 hours from time of arrival for an appoint to arranging an appointment and doing the work. I am very happy.

The Dentist is Dr. Noble, and he is locate near the "rear" entrance of Tops and Bottoms, next to the gas cylinder distributor and Mr Quickie (hmmmmmm).

I like him because he usually texts me when he can see me, I go in, sit down and he starts working. No professional pretensions. No waiting, no major production for something I think is simple. NO liability forms if he looks in your mouth etc. In the US, I would book an appointment, arrive, wait another hour to hour and a half, then see a nurse, sign liability forms, get full digital mouth xrays, see another nurse, have the doctor look in my mouth, have the accounting lady go over the charges, see the nurse, see the doctor, and finally do the work. The cost for what I paid here 10,000 pesos would be about $1,850 USD. So I figured every time I have dental work done here, I get a free airline ticket to the US in savings.

I feel comfortable recommending him, because I have had not problems with his work. My experience with him has been about 60 days.

6. OP
    OP
    Keith88gt

Keith88gt DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave,

Thank you for that informative post about Dr. Noble. Would you happen to have his contact info email, address, & phone #?

Thank you,

Keith

7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Location for Dr. Noble

Keith, I am not familiar with the street names but I will try to give you landmark locations. He is on the street parallel to the street in front of McDonald that has the park on the opposite side, but it is one street north. Dr Noble is about a half block down. I think the street name is Dr. V. Locsin Street.

If you walk out the doors in front of the McDonald cashiers, turn right go to end of block and turn right again you will be heading in the direction of "Tops and Bottoms." The doctor's office is just beyond "Mr Quickie" , about 100 feet down the street.

I do know the Dr. works on Saturdays normally.

Good luck. You may want to mention you are part of the expat community and got a recommendation from an expat, so he values us a as community. I think he does now, but alway helps as a community to be recognized and appreciated.

8. wobblybob

wobblybob DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey mate it's new year, I have had a few beers, but I am english, staying for 6 months with friends, she is english and sh*t scared of dentist but seems to have found good one in Dumaguete, must be good, she goes regular, message me and I'll ask here the info, never used myself but then again only been to dentist a couple of times in my life, guess I am one of those lucky people!

9. JohnInValencia

JohnInValencia DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    My highest recommendation goes to Dr. Myrine Garupta. Her office number is 0920-918 7821.

The office is next to Hotel Palwan, across the street from Allied Bank.

Young, up to date, latest equipment and fanatic about details.

I had an infection in the gum from a broken tooth. She asked a flat fee of PhP4000 for root canal, infection control and cap. The infection proved to be antibiotic resistant and she had to drain it once a week for 8 weeks while trying different meds. She sent samples off to Manila for more extensive testing than could be done here. When she went to the US for a two week seminar, she took samples, consulted the best in LA and brought back a new drug that killed the infection in a day.

Stuck by her original price and never asked another peso despite all the extras.

She was recommended to me by Norm Hill who has been here 18 years.

Good Luck

John in Valencia

10. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    what is the cost of normal filings & root canal?

Brian