Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Need help to learn how to compute my noreco bill

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by GaryJohn, Feb 8, 2022.

1. GaryJohn

GaryJohn DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Please help, I'm looking for someone to help teach me how to compute my noreco bill

We have the main meter up the road a bit, but then we have 3 submeters

The 3 submeters are all different. One is a Safari meter , the other is a EDMI meter and the third is a different EDMI meter which has more numbers. Very confusing

If anyone knows a Filipino I can pay for his or her services to come and teach me when my next bill is, please let me know

And if any one has any tips or clues for me to help me work this all out, May you please share ?

The most I know so far is the kilowatt per hours for the whole house is on the bill, where do I go from there ?

Thanks for reading any ways

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    hahaha ... good luck with that! Our NORECO bill is almost a foot long, the actual charge for KWH power usage is not that bad, but then there are a LONG list of additional charges included in the bill: Generation System Charges; OGA charge; GRAW charge; ICERA charge; TAFPPC charge; Transmission System Charge; OSLA charge; Distribution System Charge; Supply System Charge; Metering Charge; Metering System Charge; OLRA Charge; Lifeline Charge; NPC Debts charge; Missionary Electrification Charge; Environment Charge; MCC RFCC Charge; followed by a list of VAT charges. By the time all of those charges are included, our KWH charge is less than half of our Total Charge. I have no idea what almost any of those charges are, or how they are calculated, many are several hundred pesos. I think that NORECO is regulated in what they can actually charge per KWH of power, so then they just make up a long list of add on charges in order to get the total bill up to the amount they want.

3. OP
    OP
    GaryJohn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's ok, we'll just divide the bill by 3 amounts but the question is how ?

4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    GaryJohn, basically your problem has two aspects:
    q1. how do I divide the bill over the three submeters, and
    q2. are the submeters accurate
    a1. that isn't all that hard, just read the 3 submeters on a set date in each month, calculate the difference from the previous month (subtract), then add up the three difference measurements, then that total use represents the entire noreco bill, so it's simply N*a/(a+b+c) is the amount for submeter a, similar for submeters b and c (where N is the amount of the Noreco bill).
    a2. To know whether your submeters are accurate you'd need to time your submeter measurements to be on the same day that Noreco reads the main meter, and then a+b+c should be the same as the # of kwh on the Noreco bill.
    If there's just a few kwh difference then you're fine, if the difference is a lot then one of your meters might need replacing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    GaryJohn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks, I'll work on that