Dumaguete Info Search

Need hotel with pool

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Jonnyivy, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyivy

Jonnyivy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have our family holiday booked to visit my wife's family on the southern tip of Cebu in her small home village. We will come for 4 weeks, and during that time I usually pop over to Dumaguete on the ferry a couple of times to do some shopping in the mall. This time I would like to come over and stay for a night or two with my 9 year old son, stayin in a nice hotel, preferably with an out side pool for us. Can anyone suggest a place for us, give me directions
    ( we won't be bringing the car over )and we will just be using the taxi's at the port. Somewhere lively, maybe a bit music and some chatty locals to talk to but most of all safe for my son.

Thanks,
    Jonny

2. jade

jade One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi there. check out LA PLANTA HOTEL. (i just don't know if they are operational at this time) the hotel is very clean and they have a pool there. it's is located in bais. bais is a nice place. it's quite safe really...very peaceful. you can do whale watching there. but i don't think there are any bar or restaurants around, just internet cafe so i don't think your son will enjoy his stay there. but safety wise, i assure you. it's very safe. hey, dumaguete is the place of gentle people :o

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The hotels in Dumaguete City have no pool. Those are located a bit further south and north. Than you would need any kind of public transportaition to go shopping. A safe place for kids in Dumaguete would be florentina homes, but no pool yet. Or you want to stay in a resort, but they are also not really lively and not directly in Dumaguete

cheers

Rhoody

4. whtrahonky

whtrahonky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are coming for shopping stay in Cebu.

5. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I'm with whtrahonky on that one. If you want shopping, Cebu city is far superior to Dumaguete and the inconvenience of the land/sea transfer is avoided.

I know that there are hotels with pools as well, although I have no particular recommendation for you.

6. OP
    OP
    Jonnyivy

Jonnyivy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for your replies,... I'm going to look through these posts again, because there are one or two good looking beach resorts outside the city. I'm thinking that I will just bring the car over on the ferry from Liloan and drive further out to find the one with the pool overlooking the sea.
    I know the shopping in Cebu city is far better, we spend a fortune there on gifts for the family on our way down south, but I like to look round the shops and malls in Dumaguete for a few hours. Its 3 hours drive to Cebu city from my wife's home village, but much quicker and more pleasant to pop over to Dumaguete for the afternoon.
    By the way, I love to watch the sunset over on Negros island from Liloan and often wondered what the sunrise looked like from over there looking towards Cebu island ??? We can't see the sunrise because of the mountains behind the house
    Jonny

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thinking about the safety issue I would recommend WellBeach, a small very nice resort, where you can watch your Kids ecen you sit in the restaurant having a cold one.

8. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Santa Monica and El Oriente Beach Resorts have pools and are only a few kms from downtown.

9. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do you think they are nice??? Also the pool of both are not Kiddy-safe.

Jonnyivy, When you bring your car anyway you can drive a few km further and stay in Dauin. There you also have a nice (dark) beach and you can go for a walk or swim. Pura Vida, Thalatta or Well Beach would be my choice. All 3 very clean and nice.

10. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Plaza Ma. Luisa. at the heart of the city, I think have a pool at the top "Before". But I don't know If its still there now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.