Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Need some help with wifes PassPort

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Dec 16, 2014.

1. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So WTF is up with all this...I am legally married to my wife we got married here in PI. She is trying to get her passport so we can go on a quick vacation out of the country and they want a CFO document, seminar? etc etc like we are moving permanently somewhere. We are just going to Thailand on a honeymoon. Whats the best way to get her a Passport?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Horizon. Upstairs at the BOI in Dumaguete, there is travel Agent. Right in front of you at the top of the stairs. Go talk to them and they will explain it all to you. They will even do your Application and arrange the interviews. believe me the cost on top of the issue will be well wort the hassle. I believe it is call JJ or something like that,

JP

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ok_maybe

ok_maybe DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +12 / 3
    Dear Sir, there's good news. Because of Philippine's visa-free agreement with other ASEAN countries, like Thailand, your spouse can visit Thailand for 30 days without a travel visa. However, she will need a Philippines passport. Take a deep breath, go to the travel agency, spend for the service, and be prepared to wait on the bureaucracy to works its magic.

And you're welcome. :smile: It's we Americans who gave Filipinos their love of paperwork. Enjoy your trip.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I don't think the wife will need a cfo seminar to go to Thailand. This is only needed when applying for a visa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    I believe CFO Seminar attendance is required for a marriage, if a Filipina wants to marry a foreigner, and also for a Visa to a Country that requires a Visa.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I blame it on the US military. They love their paperwork. They have a form for, quite literally, everything. The corruption came from the Spaniards, so thank them for that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The spanish have a lot to answer for,luckily enough we had sir Francis drake who dealt with them promptly after he finished his game of bowls :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    So, when I did my first stint here in Manila BI, for 7 hours straight, without lunch, and was forced to go to twenty six, bloody windows, with one of them, ONLY, to hand me ANOTHER fn, application form,:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and one other to only stamp my forms :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, I was wrong to get angry with the Filipinos, I should have sent a very rude note to the American Consulate........... :p:D...... sh*t....... and I used to really like you Yanks................lol:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Actually I think the game of bowls was a furphy, (translation for a Brit, is ruse), he was really screwing Elizabeth but had to withdraw to head the offensive against the Armada..........lol:D

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Listen.The Filipinos know nothing about Manana time or Paperwork Wrye is quite right, Blame the Spanish because unless you have lived or Dealt with the total Bureaucracy there as I did for 19 years. Believe me people you ain't sin Nothing Yet.Having said that, once it is done your clear:rolleyes: So Quit moaning and get on with what you know you have to Do!

JP:wink: