Dumaguete Info Search

Negros girl forgives Father for lighting her up with gasoline

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by shadow, Aug 18, 2014.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    A 15-year-old girl on Negros Island sustained second-degree burns after she was set on fire by her own father last week. Fortunately, the girl is now out of danger
    The girl's father had reportedly poured gas on her and then used a match to set her ablaze.
    Remorseful father
    According to police reports, the man said he did it because his daughter "refused to watch over her siblings."
    But the man said he regretted what he did immediately. So, he put out the blaze quickly and then rushed his daughter to the nearest hospital.
    A daughter's forgiveness
    The Philippine National Police (PNP) Women and Children's Protection Desk vowed to assist the victim if she decides to file a case against her father.
    However, the girl, eldest of four siblings, said that while she is angry at her father for what he did to her, she does not want him to go to prison.
    The suspect repairs shoes to sustain the family. The report did not say where the girl's mother is. —report from Theresa Clarito, ABS-CBN News Negros

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You mean, they don't automatically lock him up for this?

I'm going to add this to my parenting tool box in case I need it. I just need to make sure to only use it on the most forgiving of the kids.

3. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    No, but they would surely lock YOU up for this! (until you paid the ransom, anyway)