Dumaguete Info Search

Never, rarely and seldom

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Notmyrealname, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    From CNN Philippines (I put a few words in red):

Headline: "First UK variant fatality in PH never left home, DOH says"

Main body:
    "Health officials are puzzled as to how the country's first fatality who tested for the new COVID-19 variant was infected. Weeks after the patient's death, the Department of Health on Monday said the patient from Benguet rarely left his home nor entertained guests."

and

"Noong kausap natin ang regional office, they said this person never went out — seldom ..... "

I think I know the answer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Very simple old bud NMRN:Dong ran a Videoke bar and sent the kids/asawa out to fetch supplies. Thereby bringing COVID into sa Bilay. Let’s leave the patrons of said videoke bar aside for a min. He probably seldom visited Ma’ in the next baranguay. But, each seldom probably visit was via the cockpit for a quick P10 punt, thereby increasing chances of contamination. On the way back Dong probably stopped off sa Purok shelter to catch up. I rest my case.

Now onto the ‘entertaining guests’. I note the “rarely entertained guests” in said quotation. Herein lies the debate around definitions: are Juan and Alejandro necessarily ‘guests’ if they’ve just popped in to share a bottele Emperador, belt out a rendition My Way and opt for a complimentary knee trembler with GRO Maricel?

Ergo: It’s likely to be a transactional process and not necessarily hospitable. Thus the ‘entertaining guests’ definition is negated. You will note that Maricel was still texting her friends sa Facebook during said encounter. Again, though I can not prove this; but on the balance of probabilities, the meeting of Juan, Alejandro and Maricel on said premises provides wide COVID infection opportunities; if they were seldom there and providing payment - as customers. Bet sa Pulis were sleeping or raising bets on Maricel dropping her phone.

NMRN: you just gotta read between the lines man

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Now I have to read between the lines in addition to the lines themselves - and all without going off-topic???

Just going back to bed to recover - may also have a stiff one. Where's the asawa when you need her!

• Funny Funny x 3