Dumaguete Info Search

New airport proposed for negros oriental!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Nov 19, 2014.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Great! Move away from Amberley RAAF Airbase here with all their Learner Flyers doing U Turns over the top of our house, only to end up moving directly under the path of Planes Landing and Taking off in Negros... :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Will they place the new airport runway between the ocean tideline and the national hiway so neither end will allow for extra runway length expansion like they did in Sibulon?

• Like Like x 1
  4. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    i think this would be great ! not far from my place!, would be a deffinate bonus if this does happen

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Let's hope not too many people will lose their house and lot, which they will, (land acquisition)

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    The article said the proposal is for Combado Brgy, Bacong, not on the beach, so maybe cover Davy's apartments and my in-law's house. They are talking 5 years to build, let's see how fast the funds disappear, if it gets approved (which I doubt).

• Like Like x 1
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Does anyone know if the Philippines have an Imminent Domain law?

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There was a presidential decree back in 1978 by Marcos. Not sure if there is something more current or if this is even valid today.

MALACAÑANG
    M a n i l a

PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 1533

ESTABLISHING A UNIFORM BASIS FOR DETERMINING JUST COMPENSATION AND THE AMOUNT OF DEPOSIT FOR IMMEDIATE POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY INVOLVED IN EMINENT DOMAIN PROCEEDINGS

WHEREAS, there is need to establish a uniform basis for the determination of the just compensation that is to be paid by the government, its instrumentalities, agencies or entities for private property acquired for public use and for a simplified procedure to minimize delay in eminent domain proceedings;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby order and decree:

Section 1. In determining just compensation for private property acquired through eminent domain proceedings, the compensation to be paid shall not exceed the value declared by the owner or administrator or anyone having legal interest in the property or determined by the assessor, pursuant to the Real Property Tax Code, whichever value is lower, prior to the recommendation or decision of the appropriate Government office to acquire the property.

Sec. 2. Upon the filing of the petition for expropriation and the deposit in the Philippine National Bank at its main office or any of its branches of an amount equivalent to ten per cent (10%) of the amount of compensation provided in Section 1 hereof, the government or its authorized instrumentality agency or entity shall be entitled to immediate possession, control and disposition of the real property and the improvements thereon, including the power of demolition of necessary, notwithstanding the pendency of the issues before the courts.

Sec. 3. Presidential Decree No. 42, Section pars. 2 and 3 of PD No. 76, Sec. 92 of PD No. 464, PD 794, Sections 2 and 3 of PD 1224, Sections 2 and 3 of PD 1259 and Section 1 of PD 1313 and all other acts, decrees, letters of instructions, orders, ordinances or rules and regulations which are inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.

Sec. 4. This Decree shall take effect immediately upon promulgation.

Done in the City of Manila, this 11th day of June, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-eight.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think this is also a problem for the so called Dumaguete bypass road, owners of land are asking too high a price for the land and putting up a fight. (I have doubts it will ever be built) who will use it?
    The so called international airport on bohol has been sitting there for years and still nothing has been done. A huge piece of land on pangalo.

• Like Like x 1