Dumaguete Info Search

New Bike in the Philippines Honda CRF250L

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by simple mind, Apr 20, 2013.

1. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4

Attached Files:

2. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I was drooling over the one they had at GUD, me want's one. Have you see what it is that attaches to the mounts on the back?
    Here is is....a luggage rack, just perfect for a GIVI box!

View attachment 9264

Attached Files:

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Very cool! I'll second that! Bulk buy anyone? hehe

"Excellent fuel efficiency of 44.3 km/L (measured at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road)."

Excellent is an understatement! 44.3 km/l = 104.2000604 miles per gallon! Wow! Wow!

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm getting 75mpg - 110mpg off my yamaha ybr 125. Surprised a 250cc would accomplish the same. Pretty amazing. My personal taste says that honda is fugly though.

5. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The only trouble i see with a bike like this is most XR200's I see are ridden at low rpm's. A liquid cooled, 4 valve, FI engine wants to rev. They don't make a lot of power down low. They really wake up and go like hell over 5k.

6. OP
    OP
    simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Well, I have so far only a third party told story, "it going like hell" is not going to happen, the guy that bought one was complaining that it lacks power and is heavy, read the specs. and do the math...

7. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ....And I can guarantee he is driving it like most everyone else here drives an XR afraid to rev it over 3,000 rpms. The new four stroke engines are designed to compete with the 2 strokes they are replacing in the racing realm, therefore they need to be revved like a 2 stroke to get into the powerband. Many of the race versions redline at 15,000 rpms. This Honda is a detuned version of the CRF race model and has a heavier flywheel as well but still makes most of it's power up high. Maybe he should just sell it to me so he does not have to deal with it, I will throw in my XR200 and cash. :smile:

8. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have yet to see a bike or car for that matter that performed as well as it should right from the dealer. In this case disconnecting the O2 sensor, removing the aluminum flame arrestor in the air filter and making some breathing room in the airbox followed by a less restrictive exhaust is a start. Buying and adjustable FI map is another big improvement. These things come from the factory so choked up it is a wonder they run at all.

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0

Attached Files:

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Removing an O2 sensor on any fuel injected vehicle is a big mistake!