Dumaguete Info Search

New cebu to santandare ferry

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Feb 21, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It should be noted however that the company is also open to other operators to cater to the vast potential of the market. In fact, this is the reason why they Maxboat will not be operating the Cebu City to Liloan route of the water bus because this route is going to be operated by one of their boat building clients.

When Will the Water Bus Start Operations?
    The water bus service is set to officially start operations around May or April 2018. 5 vessels are scheduled to start operating by then.

The initial sea trials as well as official launching is set on March 2018.
    Cebu Water Bus (not a Water Taxi) by Maxboat Marine Corporation Envisions to Save Cebuanos from Traffic - Everything You Need to Enjoy Cebu, The Queen City of the South

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That is incredibly good news. A long time coming as the demand has been there for years. Maybe the next water bus could go from Dumaguete Port to Sibulan Port. That would go a long way to easing jeepney traffic on the national highway. All them jeeps going north of Sibulan could start at Sibulan port instead of downtown Dumaguete.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    And far better than taking the yellow perril and around 3 hrs quicker,heres hoping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    The vessels even come with electronic equipment that can detect how much rough sea it’s passengers can take before they throw up.

Some people have iron guts and some people throw up if the wind blows. I wonder how this electronic equipment works.

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    A water bus from Cebu city to Santander will shorten the travelling time definitely compare with the Ceres bus not too mention the saving on the fare. However when your final destination is Sibulan, Dumaguete or else on Negros, it will still leave you to arrange transport departing from Santander to the pier to catch a ferry to Negros. So I am wondering and will wait to hear more about which operator will do the water bus service between Cebu city and Lilo An (in the south).

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I am not sure of your question because LiloAn (in the south) is a barangay of Santander. It could be reasonably assumed that the water bus would dock at the port in LiloAn, Santander.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    So to avoid any confusion Lilo An should be added as second name for better understanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Agreed.....just for the foreigners. LOL. I actually got on Google maps to make sure and saw there is no pier in the area other than Lilo An.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I don't believe in fairies. Ohhhh ferry . . well the new dock in Liloan has been there for a while now but no news of any ferry's docking at it. Hmm maybe I should not believe in ferry's either, at least not the mythical kind. Wonder what will come first, the ferry or the bridge across the Tanon Straight.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2