Dumaguete Info Search

new city mall

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by charlyB, Feb 15, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Does anybody have info on the new mall being built on the north side, when it opens, what shops, will it have a cinema ??

2. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    Have heard only(not verified) Burger King

3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If they ever get it completed. They look to be no further along with the building than when I was first here in June of last year.

4. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    CityMall Commercial Centers Inc. (CMCCI), is a subsidiary of DoubleDragon Properties Corp. (DD), and will serve as the umbrella company for all CityMall community mall projects in the country. CMCCI is 66% owned by DD and 34% owned by SM Investments Corp. (SMIC).

CityMall is envisioned to become one of the largest branded independent community mall chains in the Philippines with floor area of 5,000 – 10,000 square meters, and will be located in prime locations mostly in the Visayas and Mindanao.

Generally, all CityMalls have the same theme, color and look, making the mall design a brand itself. The food area will be a Food Court concept, spaces will be provided to the top fastfood brands such as Jollibee, Mang Inasal, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon, Highlands Coffee. CityMall will also provide spaces for popular non-food anchor retail tenants that will complement the whole development.

Another distinction of CityMall is the provision of ample parking space for motorcycles and bicycles, a great convenience to its target market.

CityMall is “Greenergized”. It is equipped with solar panels and rain water collection system to help save Mother Earth and optimize efficiency.

CityMall is poised to become the “Everyday Mall” of the future.

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I thought it was Completed and just waiting an opening Date. :pompus:

6. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't know for sure but from what I could see from the street it didn't look anywhere near completion. Of course maybe they are hiding all the work being done??? Maybe someone with some inside knowledge could fill us all in. I personally want to see it open ASAP and give Robinson's some competition.

Note: You may be correct JP there are a few stores that have closed or are in the process of closing at Robinson's place. Maybe they are looking forward to moving to the new CityMall??? I noticed that happening to stores in the Angeles City SM when the Ayala mall opened. Several Stores jumped to the newer property.

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I would hope it would help quite a bit with cross town traffic. If you are coming from the North, probably no reason to drive to the southern edge of the city. Just have to see.

8. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    I am worried about traffic congestion there they did not consider widning of the highways when 1st built

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Where would they widen it to?

10. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Time will tell, but I suspect you are correct. Traffic will probably get worse in the general vicinity of the new mall.