Dumaguete Info Search

New express lane fees on tourist visa.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A good friend applied for his visa a few days ago. So it seems the new express lane fees are not as it seems.
    If you dont want to pay them you submit your passport etc then come back in 3 days to pay then after a few more days you can collect your passport.
    If you decide to pay the express lane fees your passport will be ready a few hrs later.
    Curruption at its best.

• Like Like x 3
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I guess I have another way of looking at it:

If you are late in applying for your visa and need it right away, you pay more. If you plan ahead, you can wait and don’t need to pay the fee. Many things operate this way. One can save money with proper planning when the world doesn’t have to stop turning for them. Fortunately there is a way to recover if one does fail to plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I prefer it being optional as well. If everyone is forcibly charged an Express lane fee and there is no actual express lane then it really isn't an Express lane at all, it's just what it f'n costs to renew your visa.

I think they should have an even more expensive express lane fee that puts you at the front of every person in line and gets the entire process done in less than 15 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That's fantastic. Those who are in a hurry can pay more to get immediate service and those who can afford to wait will pay less. It does not get any better than that. Where does the opening poster find corruption in that?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I guess it depends on the view you take.
    One could argue the "regular service" should be "ready while you wait" or at least "same day" (like was the case when everyone paid the express lane fee, which proves that making people wait for days is unnecessary) and come to the conclusion that asking for extra payment to get it done within a few hours is not how it should be.
    Others might argue like some did above.

I do agree that if there is to be an express lane fee, better to have it mean something.

• Agree Agree x 1