Dumaguete Info Search

New from Belgium

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by cool43, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cool43

cool43 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everybody, new on this forum while searching for a place to stay in Dumaguete on next February.

I discovered the Philippines 3 years ago and my first coming in the country was this last January visiting my friend in Don Carlos Bukdinon than Cagayan de Oro which is a nice city and Siquijor Island where we stay almost 1 week. (very quiet and peaceful place maawa).

Next i came back during 3 weeks on last september. I was in Bohol. I have a friend there and we have decided to join our forces and patience for a common life in Europe. I'm not hurry, i'm a carefull one and let's the time makes its job.

I will be back for another 3 weeks starting mid february mainly in Dumaguete, another few days in Siquijor and a few days in Tagbilaran.

I'm a very simple man. Even if i like some tourist spot, i prefer not staying in hotels or tourist resorts. I like riding by jeepney, tricycle or motorcycle :smile:

Well, behind this short description there is a man and his life. Hope i can find in this coutry where i'm feeling well the begining of a kind of Happiness.

God bless you and Salamat for your welcome.

(Sorry for my english, my first language is French)

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    cool,

welcome to DumagueteInfo. Hope you have a good time here, Great to have you on board

cheers

Rhoody

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome Cool43.
    Although I can speak French, your English is better than my French, so no need to make excuses :smile:
    It's nice to read an introduction like yours. I hope you will find your luck here around Dumaguete.

4. OP
    OP
    cool43

cool43 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again for your welcome here. And special translation for jellyfish who can talk some french : Merci beaucoup pour ton accueil. ;-)

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    C'est rien, mon ami.
    Je vous en pri de me contacter quand arrive ici.
    (I ask you to contact me after arrival here)

6. OP
    OP
    cool43

cool43 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Any idea where i can find a place to stay with kitchen facilities around (between 700 and 950 pisos/day).
    Since last saturday, a owner of a private cottage advice me he would not be able to host me and my friend because he accepted to extend the stay of another host.

I checked already on "Dumaguete info" and other weblinks but no reply until now and even this recent one on the forum http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/classifieds/new-photos-sibulan-cottage-4rent-5558.html but no serious reply.

Small House, small appartment, cottage, part of a house, all can be ok.
    We are very easy and simple in our choice.
    Have nice day...

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Good Luck.:smile:

8. OP
    OP
    cool43

cool43 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you, i'm very positive, i know it exist but not so easy to find from Europe. Beter being already there and search for ;-)

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hello cool, have you tried Emailing them about the cottage, I emailed them and got a reply,but I am already fixed up.

10. OP
    OP
    cool43

cool43 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :smile:

If you refer to the cottage located in Sibulan, i called to the mobile number written in the topic... The lady said ok ok, no problem, just call 1 or 2 weeks before you come in Dumaguete. Obviously the lady was not at home and she couldn't write my name, date check in and check out....
    Than for being sure and get a final confirmation, i sent a sms with my email address, the lady replied she would transfer my sms to his mother but until that time no news.

I sent email and called to some resorts like Malatapay beach Resort (nobody replied), New panorama beach resort (no reply to mail) and finaly i called Herman in Switzerland who is the owner of the PuertoCita's resort in Dauin and i made deal with him just some hours ago. Very nice and understanding person. Cottage at 950 pisos per night. Well lillte more than the cottage in Sibulan but my mind is clean now and i can spend a nice Christmas.
    Hope you will have a nice Christmas too.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.