Dumaguete Info Search

New in Dumaguete and needs a job...any employer suggestions?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Tweeter1061, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweeter1061

Tweeter1061 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I'm new here in Dumaguete and would need your help in finding a job. Any suggestions on where to apply? I heard there are quite a few BPOs here in town. Would appreciate your help so i can weigh my options...thanks!

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Welcome to DI,

it might help if you tell more about you like, educational background, experience etc.

cheers

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    Tweeter1061

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody!

I have had experience working in a call center in Cebu (Sykes) and still very much into the call center lifestyle. I heard there's Teletech, Qualfon, Ventus, etc. Would need info on which one can give me a good future :smile:

4. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Worst: Teletech
    Bad: ePLDT Ventus ( Now renamed to SPI Global)
    Fair: Qualfon

Call center rates here in Dumaguete pale in comparison to their Cebu and Bacolod counterparts...

5. OP
    OP
    Tweeter1061

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi clearcopy,

I have pretty much anticipated the pay range here in Dumaguete but would like to get more inputs on your classification for each company. I am quite confused now coz from what i gathered, Teletech is the biggest here in Dumaguete and Qualfon is fairly new. My first choice could have been Teletech then Qualfon second.

Thanks much!

6. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sir, your opinion seems to be purely based on salary.

Teletec has the biggest and most branches and offers logically the best career-opportunities for qualified employees.

Qualfon has a bad reutation in Cebu, but nothing can be said about Dumaguete at all as it is brand new.

The same can be said about ePLDT Ventus, which changed the name and structure after not even a year operating to SPI Global.

Please let us know what your rating above is based on.

7. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Based on my personal experience I would advise you to avoid Teletech Dumaguete like the bubonic plague. However, if you luckily get assigned to a chat account which they have then you are going to be fine in Teletech. The attrition rate they have is very high.

The only good account in ePLDT Ventus (now SPI Global) is their Smartbro account which pays higher. If you get hired for other accounts in Ventus then forget it, it's not just worth your time and effort.

Qualfon, although relatively new, is currently still in expansion. They are targetting 4000 employees and are currently looking for a second building. Although their rate is lower than the Ventus smartbro account but higher than what Teletech is offering, a lot of people seem to be content there ( ask my friends, they all praise Qualfon). And by the way, the Dumaguete site is already the 3rd site worldwide in terms of metrics. This was achieved in a span of only 3 months. Qualfon Cebu is currently number 1 worldwide ,it took them 1 year to reach number 3.

So basically, if you want to rise up in rank better apply for Qualfon. If you need a high pay and speak tagalog and cebuano over the phone go for the smartbro account of ventus. If you want to be miserable, apply in Teletech.

8. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

Rating is based on:
    1.Salary
    2. Management
    3. Facilities/Environment
    4. Acccount

Other Teletech sites might be great to work at but the Dumaguete site is unique. It has a bad reputation already. I know about Qualfon Cebu's problems, so far the Dumaguete site is okay.I think they are trying to change their image here in Dumaguete.

As for Ventus, if you are used to working for an American owned company better get ready for a surprise.

9. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you for your answer Sir.
    The metrics are no measurement, as customer satisfaction and problem solving is based on the clients. callcentre which handle for example electronic problems and tell callers how to set up a TV or software have always better metrics than handling for example c-card or airline-tickets.

Nevertheless, thank you for the insight, very nice :smile:
    ... and it is good to have them all in the City, providing jobs for young people :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    Tweeter1061

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Maryfee :smile:

Thank you clear copy!

I may have to try all BPOs here then and see where it leads me. I would still appreciate feedback from others though just so i am equipped with what i need to know about each company. :smile:

Looking forward to hearing from y'all! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.