Dumaguete Info Search

New Law ? “Children’s Safety on Motorcycles Act of 2015”

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by KINGCOLE, Jun 8, 2015.

1. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just another law that everybody will ignore after 2 weeks.

The proposed “Children’s Safety on Motorcycles Act of 2015” prohibits any person to drive a two-wheeled motorcycle with a child on board on public roads where there is heavy volume of vehicles, high density of fast moving vehicles or where a speed limit of more than 60 kilometers per hour is imposed.

Under the ratified measure, a child can only be transported aboard a motorcycle if he or she can comfortably reach his or her feet on the standard foot peg of the motorcycle.

Aside from wearing a standard protective helmet as required under Republic Act 10054, otherwise known as the Motorcycle Helmet Act of 2009, a child-passenger must also be able to reach around and grasp the waist of the motorcycle rider-driver.

Any violation shall be fined with an amount of P3,000 for the first offense, P5,000 for the second offense, and P10,000 for the third and succeeding offenses. Violation beyond the third time shall result to automatic revocation of the offender’s driver’s license.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I would like to be the man appointed to collect the fines , i had to click funny for this post , the class rooms will be empty from now on

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You would be a $ millionaire in a week of you collected the fines mate, or dead

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :roflmao: now that is another Story.

JP :muted:

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    revocation of the offender’s driver’s license................does it matter or will it make any difference.
    There are already so many people driving a motorcycle without a license. Ever wondered why so many people on a motorbike are waiting to continue their way when there's a road check ahead.............it's either no driver's license or lack of renewal LTO registration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't know really what else to say besides "lol".
    And the police know that. All they have to do is send a couple officers 100 meters down the road from a check point to start checking licenses and papers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I guess the politician(s) who proposed this can afford a car to transport their small children. That is not the case for many thousands of families who have to use their motorbike to transport the whole family. I expect this rule will be ignored outside the larger towns.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I cannot deny you're making a point. However there's also something like safety, if you don't bother about that well keep on going, law enforcements yes or no.