Dumaguete Info Search

New Member Intro.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Trauma, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Trauma

Trauma One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been living in Dumaguete for a little over a year now. "On and Off" as I was contracting in Iraq. Retired Navy Commander friend of mine "Introduced" me to PI in 2013. We were hanging, and still do occasionally , in Costa Rica. I am in the health care industry and will be traveling back to the USA for temp. jobs. Taking a few months off now and I have my son enrolled in Silliman High School here.

Anyone know some good, "reliable" contractors as I need a road built to some property in Valencia. Someone who can get permits etc and not bring their entire family to do the job. Thanks.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Welcome to the forum. Don't think the private road question has ever been asked on the forum before. Sorry I can't be of any help.

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There is an office for PhilSouth on the highway heading from Robinson's Mall to Bacong. I would ask there because they build roads as well as houses.

4. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Welcome aboard!!! :smile:

I'm currently in UAE, but will be home in Dumaguete this weekend. I'm looking forward to cool temperatures!

5. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    The city/town of Valencia has some decent equipment in their public works yard. For what it's worth you might take a stroll down to city hall and inquire there as to if they would contract out pushing your road/driveway in. Many small towns etc do sub contracting work to help with their limited operating budgets here.
    Worse case scenario is they might be able to steer you in the right direction and they would be aware of your project, thus possibly "paving the way" to an easier permit application.....

• Like Like x 1